It’s time to get ready for 4th of July, which means Red White & Blue desserts!
This 4th of July I’m sharing a super simple and fun party Patriotic dessert-Red white and blue Triflets.
What makes this dessert perfect for parties (aside from being completely delicious, of course) is that you make it in little shot glasses so that they can be enjoyed in little individual bites!
And since a traditional trifle is served in one big bowl, I thought I’d call these little individual desserts Triflets!
Annnnd…. did I mention how easy they are to make? You line up your little glasses, put a dollop of either cool whip or whipped cream in the bottom, but a few pieces of sponge cake, then put another dollop of cool whip on top and finish top off with blueberries and strawberries!
Happy 4th of July! How will you be celebrating?
- 1 1/2 Cups Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- 1 Sponge Cake 8 inch, either store bought or home made cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- Line up 12 shot glasses or mini bowls.
- Drop a dollop (a spoonful) of the cool whip or whipped cream in the bottom of the shot glasses, then put a few chunks of the sponge cake on top of the cool whip, then fill the glasses with more cool whip and top with blueberries and a sliced strawberry.