Refreshing summertime drink alert: cucumber melon spritzer! The combination of cooling melon and refreshing cucumber with a twist of lime sparkling water (also known as everyone’s obsession: LaCroix) makes for a delicious non-alcoholic summertime drink that you’re going to be making over and over!The first time I had cucumber in a drink I thought I was going to hate it. I mean…cucumber…in a drink?
Truth is though… I LOVED it. Loved loved loved it and could not stop thinking about it.
It was so refreshing.
It was like summertime in a glass.
That was years ago, and now I absolutely love cucumber in drinks.
This cucumber melon spritzer has got to be one of my favorite drinks. It has cucumbers and watermelons in it, and then has lime sparkling water for a nice zippyness.
You could be fancy and make melon balls (I use this melon baller) or you could simply cut the cucumber and melon into pieces. After making this a few times, I realized that it is a fantastic drink to ‘make ahead’ – what I mean by that is that you can make a pitcher of this and then let it sit in the fridge a few days, and then whenever you’re ready to serve it, just pour half a glass of the pitcher contents into a glass and fill the rest of the glass with LaCroix.
My father in law adds a few dashes of gin to this drink for a summer cocktail, so it’s good both with and without alcohol.
This drink is perfect for all your summer get togethers, hope you enjoy this week’s Five Ingredient Friday!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Refreshing Cucumber Melon Spritzer Drink Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 watermelon balled (or 1/8 of a watermelon cut into small pieces)
- 2 seedless cucumbers balled (or 1 cucumber cut into small pieces)
- 1 lime cut into small pieces
- 2 cans lime LaCroix plus more for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, make a simple syrup combining equal parts sugar and water, cooking it until the sugar dissolves - I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and cooked it for 4 minutes. You could also buy simple syrup or use less if you don't like sweet in drinks.
- Ball or cut the watermelon, cucumber and lime. Put watermelon and cucumber into a pitcher, and squeeze lime wedges into the pitcher as you put them in.
- Fill the pitcher 1/2 way with ice, then pour in simple syrup and 2 cans of LaCroix. Stir. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight (lasts in the fridge with plastic wrap over the top for one week).
- To serve pour a glass 1/2 full with contents of the pitcher, and fill the remainder of the glass with LaCroix