Do you ever find a condiment that you just can’t get enough of? Well, this remoulade sauce recipe is one of those! We made this one and Nick and I basically use it on everything. This is the best secret burger sauce, a sauce for dipping fries in, on veggies, on sandwiches, with seafood, the list goes on!
We call it our special secret sauce, haha. The first way we tried it was on burgers and omg they were so yummy! Usually, we just spice up bland burgers with my favorite burger seasoning, but adding this remoulade sauce is the perfect addition. We eat burgers with just this sauce and bun – so simple and deliciously perfect.
Remoulade is super simple to put together and there are plenty of variations you can play around with. For my recipe, I’m sticking with classic flavors:
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
When it comes to using paprika i used mild/sweet paprika, but you can absolutely use smokey paprika as an alternative.
If you love your remoulade as much as we did, there are plenty of ways to enjoy it beyond the burger bun.
- Corn – add this to corn and you have your own version of elotes (Mexican street corn)
- Dip – as simply as that. Enjoy this remoulade with some chips or fries on the side
- Chicken or fish – chicken is a blank canvas calling out for amazing sauces like this
- Sandwich spread – make any sandwich much better with remoulade
And if that wasn’t enough ideas of what to do with this remoulade sauce recipe, I left my favorite for last. Fish! Top a simple baked fish with the remoulade sauce or add it to your favorite fish tacos and it is to die for.
The opportunities for this creamy sauce are endless. What else do you think this would be great on?
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 squeeze lemon juice about 1 teaspoon or 1/4
- 1 teaspoon paprika sweet or smoky
- 2 scallions - white parts chopped
- pinch salt or you could use garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients (use a small or generous pinch of salt depending on how much salt you like), stir well and enjoy!Store in an airtight container - keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks