This recipe for seasoned oyster crackers is a super simple snack that you won’t be able to stop eating! A friend of mine shared it with me and it’s so good.
I was talking with a friend of mine about Thanksgiving and what some of her family’s favorite recipes are. She giggled a little and told me about this cracker recipe. She laughed because the recipe is SO simple!
In her family, they make these crackers every year for when guests come over in the afternoon, but she ends up snacking on them all day while getting Thanksgiving dinner prepped. After making them, I’m going to add them to our holiday menus as well, because OMG THEY’RE SO GOOD!
What ingredients do I need to make seasoned oyster crackers?
- Buttermilk Ranch dip mix (each are .4oz)
- Dill weed
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon pepper
- Garlic powder
- Oyster crackers (the small ones) – about 5 cups
When I was recipe testing, the first time I made these, I tasted them and they immediately reminded me of the flavor of Gardettos. And that is a winner in my book.
This recipe is very flavorful. If you prefer a less strong flavor, you can use half the amount of seasoning.
How to make seasoned oyster crackers:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Pour oil into bowl. Add ranch dip and other spices.
- Pour over crackers and stir until coated.
- Dump on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
What can I use these crackers for?
- I love to use them as croutons on a salad, like this one.
- They taste great in soup – a few of my favorite soup recipes below:
- Or just enjoy them on their own!
These seasoned oyster crackers are a snack you can make over and over again. They taste great for days after making them, but I doubt they’ll last that long!
Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 packets Buttermilk ranch dip mix each are .4 oz.
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bag oyster crackers (small) 12 oz., about 5 cups
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour oil into small mixing bowl. Add ranch dip mix and other spices. Stir to combine.
- Add oyster crackers into large glass bowl. Pour oil and seasoning mixture over crackers. Stir to coat.
- Dump crackers on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring gently after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Do I need to use the packets of Buttermilk Ranch Dip or can I use Regular Ranch Dip
You can use the regular ranch dip packet!
Cindy Pair says
Why do this recipe need cooking?
The oil and seasonings get baked into the crackers, they probably would be fine without baking but with the baking everything adheres together better 🙂
love these crackers
So happy to hear you love them!!
Beth Easton says
I loved these as a kid. It’s such a great throwback recipe. Thank you for sharing. Can’t wait to share with my family
I had never heard of these until recently and now I’m completely obsessed, they’re so good and great for sharing!!
athena graeme says
I used to love these! I haven’t had them in years, I wonder why they fell out of favor. I have got to try this recipe this weekend.
I had never heard of them, but once I tried them, there’s no turning back, definitely going to be making these for all events!
Kelly D says
I like this idea because my son has been eating a lot of oyster crackers lately. He would enjoy making this.
I think he’d love them, they’re super flavorful and a fun addition to soups or salads.
Amy Cooley says
These sound so yummy! I’ve pinned this recipe and will definitely be making as a holiday appetizer.
These are so perfect for the holidays! My friend said she just puts them in little bowls on the counter or table for grazing, it’s genius, I’m going to do that too this year!