Secure your title as ‘hostess with the mostess’ with these delectable and delicious spicy roast beef sliders. They’re super easy to make, and since these little sandwiches only have 5 ingredients, they’re perfect for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday!
Do you ever get bored with the spread at parties? The same dips, the same finger foods, the same salads…nothing really eye catching or mouthwatering? Well, bring these sliders and spice up the party spread! Literally, you’ll bring the heat with these bad boys!
The meat in these sliders is an Omaha Steaks Santa Fe Tri-Tip Roast. The cool thing about this roast is that it has slow-cooked flavor…without the slow. It uses their 1 step-rapid-roast method which is kind of cool. All you do is literally take the roast from your freezer and pop it in the oven on a lined baking sheet. In less than an hour your roast is done, and the remaining steps are really super easy. You could also also use a roast and cook it with a very spicy rub.
[Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer if you make these spicy roast beef sliders to spice up your party game!]
To make the sandwiches, you slice roasted beef super thin, place it on some buns in a baking dish (I like to use little slider buns with a hint of sweetness like Kings Hawaiian), add some cheese and jalapeno slices and then bake for 15 minutes. I like to use pepper-Jack cheese to really kick it up a notch.
You’re left with these incredibly delicious sandwiches with amazing flavor.
I never used to like spicy food until I found out that liking spicy food is something that is learned. So I started slowly trying different things that had a little spice to them. While I can’t pretend I completely love over-the-top spicy food or that I still don’t break out in a sweat when trying some new foods, I can tell you that now I do like hints of spice. Baby steps, right?
While I was making these I was cutting the jalapenos super thin and actually picked up a little slice and ate it! At first my mouth was a little bit on fire and I thought I was going to regret my decision, but two seconds after I ate the slice of jalapeno I found myself reaching for another slice and eating it to and really liking the crunchy spicy flavor.
Along with the jalapeno slices I used pepperjack cheese which adds a smooth flavor finished with a slight kick. Combine the sweet buns, Santa Fe roast, pepperjack cheese and jalapenos and the end result is one irresistible slider!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- BBQ Apple Cheddar Sliders & Cheese Fries
- Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Spicy Roast Beef Sliders
- 1 28 oz cooked and finely sliced spice rubbed beef roast
- Cooking spray
- 9 small sweet buns or slider buns
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese I just used deli slices
- 1 jalapeno finely sliced
- Cook roast according to package instructions, then let rest and finely slice it.
- Preheat oven to 350, spray a square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice buns in half and lay bottom halves in the baking dish, pile the meat on the buns, then place cheese slices on top of meat and jalapeno slices on top of cheese. Place top buns on top, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, run a knife between the bun edges, then serve and enjoy!
Omaha Steaks compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog. All thoughts and opinions are as always, mine alone. Happy cooking!