What’s the hardest part of making a good salad? Dressing and figuring out what the best dressing is for your salad ingredients. Today I’m going to share with you the best spinach salad and dressing recipe.
This spinach salad was first introduced to me by my mother-in-law, and after having it a million times at parties (it’s THAT good, always getting requested) I decided it was high time I learn how to make it at home.
It’s a spinach salad that has apples, pears, pecans and feta in it, and has the most amazing dressing.
Salads are something that I wish I would eat more of. The problem is, that unless I LOVE it, I don’t want it lol. When I find a salad I love, I can’t stop thinking about it and make it lots of times!
Just like my spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon and a mustard vinaigrette which I’ve made more times than I can count (I’m even eating it for lunch this week), this spinach salad is one I rave about and have started making all the time.
Salads are awesome to serve when you have guests over, they add that special something to the meal to make it balanced.
Salads are also something that are easily adaptable to what you have on hand. Don’t have pecans? No worries, add walnuts! Don’t have feta cheese? You could use goat cheese instead!
Because this spinach salad is so amazing and versatile, I’ve left the title vague as ‘spinach salad & dressing’ (it also gives it a little mystery) instead of saying spinach salad with apples, pears, pecans, feta and a homemade vinaigrette, haha, because it could just as easily be called spinach salad with fruit, nuts, cheese and homemade dressing.
In the recipe below, I’ll share the recipe I used, and then the different adaptations you could make.
Next time you’re in need of a truly wonderful spinach salad and dressing recipe, look no further!!
- 8-10 cups baby spinach (or other greens)
- 1 apple cored and finely chopped
- 1 pear cored and finely chopped (instead of 1 apple and 1 pear you could 2 apples or 2 pears)
- ½ cup candied pecans (or walnuts, or other nuts)
- ¼ lb crumbled feta (or goat cheese, or blue cheese)
- Salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, combine greens, fruit, nuts, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl (or blender) combine all the salad dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, honey, dry mustard, garlic and salt) and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!