I’m all about meals that don’t have a million ingredients, that taste delicious, and, can be made to last for more than one meal. These shells were so easy, delicious, and were great for leftovers for the next few days. Now if only I could start planning and making things like this on the weekends…I’d be set!
- 1/2 Lb Wheat Pasta shells
- 1 large can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1-2 cups Spinach chopped
- 1 15 oz container Ricotta
- 1 egg
- 4 leaves basil chopped
- 1 8oz brick of low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp each salt pepper, garlic salt, italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl combine ricotta cheese and egg, mix well, then add the seasonings, and stir again. Next add the chopped basil and spinach and half of the shredded cheese and stir until everything is combined.
- In a baking dish, empty the contents of the can of fire roasted tomatoes, and cut the tomatoes up a little bit (you could also use a jar of tomato sauce, i just like the lighter flavor of the roasted tomatoes. Then one by one fill the shells with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and line up in the baking dish. Add the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes and enjoy!
The wonderful ingredients
Out of the oven
Up close view
All ready to be enjoyed!