One pound of ground beef will make 4 burgers that are each 1/4 pound. But I love to take the burgers and cut them into smaller, bite-sized pieces for the kids.
For these burgers, the recipe calls for ground beef, but you could certainly use any meat you prefer. Sour cream and chive turkey burgers are a great option or even vegetarian burgers like these if you are looking for more recipes.
How do you get a uniform size and shape burger?
- To ensure the burgers are uniform, use a biscuit cutter to easily shape them.
What makes these stovetop burgers the best?
- The thing that sets these burgers apart is the burger seasoning. Making your own burger seasoning allows you to find the perfect balance and create just the right amount of seasoning so it doesn’t get forgotten in the back of your pantry.
One of the challenges when cooking a burger on the stovetop is that they can shrink and puff up to almost a little ball. In order to avoid that, simply press a thumb into the middle of the burgers on one side.
Once your burgers are shaped and seasoned, heat a pan over medium high heat and place the burgers directly in the pan. These burgers will be done in less than 10 minutes!
One final tip:
- Resist the temptation of flipping the burgers multiple times. This will allow the burgers to form a nice sear on each side.
The Best Stovetop Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- Burger seasoning mix (recipe here)
- Flatten 1 pound ground beef. use a biscuit cutter to cut and shape 4 burgers.
- Sprinkle each burger with your burger seasoning of choice.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and place the burgers directly in the pan. Use your thumb to press an indent into one side of each burger.
- Cook each burger for 8 minutes, flipping at 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
Leave a Reply