These tres leches banana pancakes are perfect for mornings when you want a simple homemade pancake recipe that are made even more special with tasty new flavors.
Sure, you can always whip up some pancakes out of a box, but when you take the time to make homemade pancakes, they are so much better! And it’s still super quick to make them from scratch!
How do you make homemade pancakes?
- Microwave butter. Add banana in the bowl and mash it with a fork. Add in an egg, 1 cup of tres leches sauce and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Be careful not to over stir. Stir just enough to combine all batter.
- Spray a griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of pancake batter onto the griddle and cook, flipping halfway through.
To make these pancakes, this griddle (which is also a panini press) works great and a scoop like this one works well to pour the batter onto the griddle so that the pancakes were all roughly the same size!
This tres leches banana pancake recipe is great for so many reasons, but at the top of the list is that there are no added sweeteners. The ripe bananas and tres leches sauce both combine to add just the right amount of sweetness.
What ingredients do you need to make tres leches sauce?
If you’re not familiar tres leches actually means ‘three milk’ so that is exactly what is used to make the sauce – three different types of milks.
- Evaporated milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy cream
The tres leches sauce is not only used to top the pancakes with, but you use it in the batter to ensure you can taste it throughout. The same goes for bananas. On top and inside – yum!
If you’re looking for a super unique, easy to make and delicious pancake recipe, look no further! And if you want to have more fun with pancakes, check out some other great recipes below:
Tres Leches Banana Pancakes
Tres leches sauce:
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the pancakes:
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 banana very ripe, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tres leches sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup tres leches sauce
To make the tres leches sauce:
- Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream in a bowl and stir to combine, then set aside.
To make pancakes:
- In a bowl microwave butter for 15 seconds. When butter is soft-slightly melted, put the banana in the bowl and mash it with a fork, then add in the egg, 1 cup tres leches sauce and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Take the wet ingredients and pour into the dry ingredients, then stir to combine. You don't want to over stir, so just stir until the batter is all combined.
- Spray a griddle or a non stick pan with cooking spray, then scoop or spoon about 3 tablespoons pancake patter onto the griddle and cook, flipping the pancakes halfway through (mine took about 3 minutes per side).
- Stack pancakes and place some sliced pancakes on top, then pour tres leches sauce over the pancakes and serve
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link, if you purchase amazon products through my store at no cost to you, I will earn a few pennies. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. As always, thank you for making the SweetPhi blog possible.The nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.