For this weeks Five Ingredient Friday I’m sharing my go-to-salad, a vegetarian caesar salad, made with Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders and I’m doing a giveaway for you to try the Gardein products (see below)!
Now, you need to know that I’m not a vegetarian (nor is my husband) but we absolutely love the Crispy Tenders used in this salad…we actually prefer them over frozen chicken nuggets…and they’re good for you too!
Gardein (garden + protein = gardein) products are delicious, convenient, and a versatile protein option that is sold in the frozen food isle at the grocery store. I first discovered their products on accident, I liked the packaging and just bought a bag to try. After the first time making them, I fell in love, and now I always have a bag or two in my freezer. The seven grain breading crisps to a golden crunchy perfection, making them ideal as a salad topping or even (as I’ve done many-a-time) by themselves with some dipping sauce.
OK you guys, a few things that are really worth noting in no particular order:
- The Scandal Season Finally just happened…is/was anyone else gripping their wine glass the WHOLE TIME?
- Did you know that there is an ENTIRE blog devoted to ‘Men laughing alone eating fruit salad’ ? This definitely cracked me up…I clearly need to make a big bowl of fruit salad and leave it out and then snap a super secret photo of the hubby eating it, I’m sure he totally wouldn’t mind. Omg you guys, I can’t stop laughing… the pictures…my poor husband…too funny!
- Now that I’ve composed myself, I really need to get the message out to you to go MAKE THIS SALAD and try Gardein products!
This salad is my go-to-quick-easy-what’s for dinner salad. And you know it’s good because I even shared it with you in my ‘10 Ideas for a Girls Night‘ post a few weeks ago!
- 1 Bag Gardein Seven Gran Crispy Tenders
- 1 Bag Lettuce I use Italian Mix or Hearts of Romain
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt Parmesan Caesar Salad Dressing I use Bolthouse farms brand
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Seasoned Croutons
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place Gardein Tenders on the lined sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the tenders, and bake for another 8 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the rest of the salad by combining, in a salad bowl, the lettuce, Parmesan, toss with the dressing and add the croutons on top.
- When the Tenders are done baking, add them to the salad, toss a few times, then serve and enjoy!
Last, but definitely not least…it’s giveaway time! Since it’s hard to send frozen food items, Gardein kindly gave me 3 free product & $1 off coupons to give away, so 3 lucky winners will each receive 1 product and $1 off coupon. To enter all you have to do is leave me a comment letting me know which of the Gardein products would you like to try.
Winners randomly chosen using random.org May 2, 2014. Only US Residence.
Winners Selected by random.org commentors 1, 3 and 6 have been notified as winners!