In this week’s meal plan, we’re focusing on eating a bit more healthy as we start the New Year. Healthy can be delicious and that’s what is happening with this week’s plan!
Notes for this week’s meal plan:
5 Ingredient Broccoli Egg Breakfast Bowls Recipe
- This recipe is flexible – you can cheeses for your favorite or add additional toppings such as bacon or sausage.
- Shortcut option: Use frozen broccoli so you don’t have to spend time chopping. If you use fresh broccoli, cook time will vary slightly.
- Quick tip: once an avocado is at proper ripeness level, put it in the fridge to stop the ripening process.
Crispy Chickpea Shawarma Pita Recipe
- A vegetarian dinner that even a meat lover would enjoy
- Make your own crispy chickpeas in an Air Fryer or on the stovetop
- You’ll make your own shawarma spice mixture for this recipe
Skinny Banana Berry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- These muffins can be frozen. When they’re completely cooled put them in a ziplock freezer bag.
- To enjoy remove a muffin and remove the wrapping and microwave for 30 seconds (or until no longer frozen).
- Enjoy frozen muffins within 1 month of freezing.
Easy Healthy Lunch Recipe- Pepperoni Pasta Salad in a Jar
- I love using meal prep containers like these to store this pasta salad in the fridge!
Fruit and Nut Muesli Bread Rounds Recipe
- This recipe is a re-creation of one of the items in the protein box from Starbucks.
- You can freeze this recipe and have fresh bread waiting for you in your freezer whenever you need it. To freeze them simply allow the bread rounds to cool completely, then store in a freezer storage bag. When ready to enjoy, remove a round from the freezer and allow it to come to defrost on the counter, or microwave for 30 seconds.
- You can use 1 1/2 cups already made muesli, instead of the 1/4 cup each of the different dried fruit and nuts and omit the 1/4 cup oats
Instant Pot artichokes
- Make delicious artichokes in 10 minutes, rather than the hour + they take without an Instant Pot.
- Tips for cleaning artichokes:
- Cut off tips of the leaves with a pair of kitchen scissors. You want to remove the tips because they have little thorns at the end of the leaves.
- Cut off the top of the artichoke using a sharp knife, cut off the top 3/4-1 inch of the artichoke
- Remove any small leaves on the stem. They don’t have any artichoke ‘meat’ or edible part on them.
- Remove excess stem. You want about 1-1 1/2 inches of artichoke stem, beyond that it’s very bitter.
- The recipe also includes a delicious dipping sauce recipe.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- A great meal prep/make-ahead breakfast option
- Make as an overnight casserole – meaning you make it overnight and have it cook in the slow cooker while you sleep and then have it ready to enjoy in the morning
- The casserole can be assembled the night before, and then baked in the morning
- The casserole can be made into individual mini casseroles
Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Healthy Turkey Meatball
- Great as an appetizer or a meal
- This recipe works with ground beef or ground chicken too.
- Make sure your meatballs are 3/4 to fully submerged so that the rice cooks, you can add little bit of water to your sauce.
- Meal Plan, 2/15/21 - 2/21/21
Fresh off the press! Starting this week, get ready for your life to get a…
- Meal Plan, 2/22/21 - 2/28/21
I hope you enjoy these new free meal plans with shopping lists (here is last…
- Weekly Meal Plan 11/29-12/5
In this week's meal plan, we're recovering from all of the delicious turkey and leftovers…
- Weekly Meal Plan 3/26 - 4/4
Happy Easter week! This week features some great recipes to test out and add to…
Leave a Reply