In this week’s meal plan, we have plenty of fall favorites for this week leading up to Halloween! Great breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a special Halloween treat 🎃
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
Butternut squash soup
- There is one major time saving trick to this recipe! Buy already chopped butternut squash – it comes already cubed and peeled.
- If you want to play with the flavors a bit, you can add a touch (½ teaspoon) of nutmeg/cloves instead of cinnamon or use chili powder to give it a more smokey flavor.
- Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to blend in batches.
- This recipe is designed to be made ahead to freeze. I like to store this soup in jars like these.
5 ingredient spaghetti squash pesto “pasta”
- Spaghetti squash is a great, healthy alternative to traditional pasta
- Spaghetti squash can be cooked in the microwave, which cuts cooking time way down!
Quick pickled eggs
- Quick pickling is refrigerator pickling
- This recipe is very vinegar forward
- Marinate for 1-2 days or eat them as soon as one hour after putting them in the refrigerator
Avocado toast with hard-boiled eggs and roasted tomatoes
- I love to use these balsamic roasted tomatoes on this toast, but you could also use sun-dried tomatoes
- I love this recipe for breakfast, lunch or light dinner
- This recipe is straight from my childhood and I have fond memories of my Mom making it.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use a slow cooker for this recipe. Cook for 8 hours on low before adding the gravy.
Leave a Reply