In this week’s meal plan, I’m sharing one of my favorite smoothies that is great for breakfast or a snack and a bonus recipe that’s perfect this time of year.
A few notes on this week’s meal plan:
- Scrambled Eggs and Toast
- Use a good pan – we have this smaller nonstick pan, it’s a Caphlon pan and came with this set of two.
- Cook the eggs low and slow – for scrambled eggs, it’s best to cook them over medium-low heat, don’t rush it, if you cook them on high it will dry them out.
- Remove pan from heat – remove the pan with eggs from the heat as soon as they start to pull back from the pan, don’t let them overcook, because eggs continue cooking from residual heat of the pan.
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Risotto
- You can absolutely make this a vegetarian-friendly dish by simply skipping the chicken and opting for vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- Gluten-Free Lemon Loaf with Frosting
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
- The bacon can be baked or cooked in the microwave or on the stove top – whichever method you prefer.
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- This recipe is easily scaled down: Simply make as many tacos as desired and save the remaining pork and tacos for leftovers. If you have leftover shredded pork, it stores really well: place the shredded pork in an airtight container and pour some juices from the slow cooker over the meat. This pork freezes and reheats very well. To freeze, place the shredded pork in a resealable plastic freezer bag and label with the date when it was made.
- The Best Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
- This pairs really well with a side salad!
- 5 Ingredient Vegetable Frittata
- This frittata reheats really well, microwave a slice for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high.
- Baked Lemon Glazed Donuts Recipe
- After these donuts are cooled they can be put in the freezer. They freeze really well, and in the mornings I can just take one out of the freezer and let it thaw on the counter.
- BLT Pizza