Another week, another meal plan full of healthy, delicious and easy meals to make your life easier! We’d love to know what you’re making this week, so leave a comment below or even submit your Reader Recreation pictures to be featured on our social media and our website!
Notes for this week’s meal plan:
- Quick tip: once an avocado is at proper ripeness level, put it in the fridge to stop the ripening process.
- If serving hungry adults, I’d suggest doubling the falafel ingredients, the recipe makes about 2-3 falafel per serving, the entire recipe makes 8-12 falafels (depending on the size you roll them)!
- I used a mild chorizo (no picante) and a sharp cheddar for this recipe, but you could choose a pepper jack cheese or spicer chorizo if you want more kick to the recipe.
- You can also use any kind of breakfast sausage you would like. Bacon would be great! Or even a plant based sausage.
- This recipe can be made in an instant pot or a slow cooker. Check the recipe for cooking instructions!
- These mini meatloaves can be made with any ground meat that you have on hand (chicken, turkey, beef)!
- After making this sauce numerous times, I have found that it is best when made in a food processor – like this one (<–is the one I use), and you can buy the nutritional yeast online.
- This recipe comes from this cookbook!
- For the strawberry cream cheese sauce: you could opt to use fresh strawberries instead of frozen. But if you do, the cream cheese sauce will not be as liquidy.
- For the waffles: depending on what type of liquid you use, you may have to add a little extra liquid for the batter if the batter is too thick. For example, if you use whole milk, use an additional tablespoon to 1/4 cup water, or if you use a thicker milk (like buttermilk) you may need to use a little extra liquid.
- I have this waffle iron and love it so much!