We know it’s back to school for many of you so this week’s plan is full of easy recipes, ones you can prep ahead and enjoy all week and, of course, a grocery list to help you get shopping done quickly and easily.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- This recipe is great for meal prep. The components can be made ahead, and then it takes all of a minute (two, tops) to toast a piece of bread, spread on some miso butter and cut up a hard boiled egg
- The difference between an au gratin dish and a scalloped dish is simply cheese.
- Summer squash and zucchini can be used interchangeably so if you have 6 zucchini use those, or likewise with the summer squash.
- You can make a flax egg as a decent substitute to eggs. To make it: combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and let it sit and it creates a gelatinous egg-like texture = 1 large egg.
- You can easily make these muffins vegan by substituting margarine or a vegan butter for the butter in the streusel topping.
- Souvlaki means “meat on skewers” and is also used to describe the actual Greek meal (typically chicken wrapped in a pita with tomatoes and a sauce). This version is lightened up and made into a salad.
- Add tzatziki sauce to the salad and enjoy with pita on the side!
- Use these kid-safe knives to get your kid involved in making these with you
- Turmeric’s health benefits include
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties
- A great source of antioxidants
- Natural mood-booster
- This is a 3 ingredient recipe.
- Try a variety of fun toppings: maple syrup, powdered sugar, chopped walnuts or pecans, fresh berries, Greek yogurt mixed with honey.
- Double or quadruple the recipe depending on how many bananas you have on hand.