- Instead of cauliflower, try pasta – use pasta instead of cauliflower and sprinkle pasta with anchovy breadcrumbs and a generous few pinches of parmesan cheese before serving, yum!!
- To make this recipe vegetarian-friendly, use capers!
- Sprinkle these anchovy breadcrumbs over tomato or squash soup.
- Use different vegetables instead of cauliflower: eggplant, zucchini, carrots or sweet potatoes are great alternatives.
Other recipes with anchovies:
I hope to hear that you’re cooking with anchovies in no time, and I’d love if you’d let me know in the comments – do you like recipes with anchovies?
Anchovy breadcrumbs with roasted cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cored and cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oil-packed anchovies (one small tin) drained
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbs finely chopped green onions or parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 425
- Put cauliflower on baking sheet, drizzle with 3 Tbs of olive oil, sprinkle with alt, and toss everything together. Roast, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and well browned, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, warm 3 Tbs olive oil. Add the garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring, until the anchovies have completely disintegrated into the oil. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring frequently, until they've absorbed all of the oil and are brown and a bit crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in the paper and parsley and remove from the heat.
- Scatter the bread crumbs evenly over the cauliflower and drizzle everything with the remaining 2 Tbs olive oil. Serve immediately.