- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- Sweet and Tangy Sauce:
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce – low sodium
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo – minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne optional
- diced scallions – to serve
Add all of the sauce ingredients (tomato sauce through pepper) to the slow cooker insert and whisk until smooth.
Place chicken, sweet potatoes, onion and chickpeas in the slow cooker and stir to coat evenly with the sauce.
Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
Shred chicken with a fork then sprinkle with fresh scallions to serve.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 36.1g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 2542mg | Fiber: 8.3g | Sugar: 16.3g