- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, plus 1 teaspoon for greasing the pan, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 packet .32 oz vanilla sugar (I use Dr. Oetker brand, found in most grocery stores in the baking aisle - this one
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested (1 tablespoon zest)
- 1/1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350, line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper and grease edges and bottom with butter.
In a medium bowl with a stand or hand mixer cream together the butter and sugar and vanilla sugar until smooth (2 minutes). Add in vanilla extract and eggs and beat again until combined.
Zest lemon into the batter and slowly add the flour and baking powder and beat until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
Lay the sliced apples on top of the batter, bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar (I sift mine over the cake) and then serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 40mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g