- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large russet potato - peeled and shredded about 1 cup firmly packed, or frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion about 1/4 onion
- 4 oz. greens spinach, kale, baby chard or combo of all three = 4 loose cups
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 3 Tbs Parmesan grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine eggs and milk, whisk. Add potatoes and cheese, stir. Chop greens.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. butter in a skillet and cook until browned. Then add in onion and cook for 1 minute, until starting to soften and turn translucent. Add in greens and garlic salt. Cook greens down - about 3 minutes.
4. Add egg/potato mixture into skillet (or add everything into a greased baking dish) and stir. Flatten the top and sprinkle on parmesan.
5. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. The bake time depends on the size of your skillet. I used a 6" skillet. The smaller the skillet, the thicker the egg bake and the longer it will take to bake. Bake until eggs are cooked and the center isn't jiggly anymore. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting/serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 328mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g