- 3 large Boneless/skinless chicken breast see cooking instructions below or use rotisserie chicken
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 3 cups cooked quinoa or [1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa] see cooking instructions below, or use premade 90-second quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp Better than Bullion (or you can use chicken stock in place of water to add more flavor to the quinoa)
Asian chicken and quinoa bowl toppings
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup broccoli cooked
- 2 tbs cashews
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Mexican chicken and quinoa bowl toppings
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 tbs sour cream
BBQ chicken and quinoa bowl toppings
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup crispy fried onions
- 1 ear corn or 1/2 cup frozen corn
Cook Quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked quinoa to 1 cup water) for 2 servings
Coat chicken in olive oil, a dash of salt, pepper, 1 pressed garlic clove (or a dash of garlic salt) and if you have some cumin and chili powder, sprinkle a little on. Bake until done. Time will vary depending on size of chicken breast. Slice and enjoy. Or prep ahead.Alternatively, pan fry the chicken breast or cook it in a slow cooker.
Prepare toppings for bowls
To assemble bowls - use 1/2 up cooked quinoa per bowl, top with 1/2 chicken breast (about 4-6 oz), and divide toppings between the bowls. Enjoy!
For more flavor, you can cook your quinoa in chicken stock or 1 tsp. Better than Bullion instead of water.
*Nutrition information for 1/2 cup quinoa and chicken, toppings separate.
The nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg