I’m always looking for creative gift ideas and I bet you are too. With Father’s Day coming up, I wanted to share some Father’s Day gift ideas that Nick has loved and your husband or Dad will too!
- This gift isn’t just any cookbook. We always pick one for Nick, but the really special part is that we always let him pick a recipe from it and then me and the kids make that recipe. Last year, we let him pick form the Binging with Babish cookbook and we made the most delicious brioche french toast! Any cookbook will do, but Binging with Babish is super cool – the author finds dishes from famous TV shows and movies and tries to re-create them.
- The fun thing here is that dad gets to pick a recipe from a cookbook, and you make it!
- I couldn’t have even imagined how much Nick would love this gift! He told me that this was the only gift I had to get him if I could re-create it every year. All I did was get each kid a shirt or onesie and ironed on the letters “D.A.D” – one letter onto each shirt. To iron the letters on, all you need is these simple iron-on sheets. Note, depending on what color shirt you choose to use, you will want either the light or dark transfer sheets.
- After you’ve made these adorable shirts, now comes the hard part; the picture! Trying to get the kids to settle down for a good picture is definitely a challenge, but it’s part of the fun, ha!
- If you have one kid, just put “DAD” on one shirt and if you have two kids, maybe one kid says ‘BEST’ and the other ‘DAD’
- If you’re looking for a great dessert, I love to make these sugar cookies, but instead of basic cookie cutter shapes, use some fun letters (or just use a knife and cut out the letters – I made a ‘stencil’ with printer paper and then cut around the shapes on to the dough). You can small “DAD” and make it the perfect easy dessert to enjoy on Father’s Day.
Those three handmade Father’s Day gifts are ones that are tested, tried and true by me! But I wanted to share a few other quick ideas that my friends have shared with me:
- There are plenty of options for backyard fire pits, but they make a great addition to any list of Father’s Day gift ideas. I hear the Solo Stove is all the rage, but you can also get something a bit more affordable like this one.
- Every year, a friend of mine goes out on a boat ride with her son, her husband and her Dad for Father’s Day. The first year of her son being around (and her Dad being a Grandpa), she got all of the boys matching shorts (something like these). They all wore them on the boat and snapped an adorable photo for a cherished memory!