As we head into Thanksgiving, that means Small Business Saturday follows shortly thereafter. We all wanted to share some of the small businesses we love and plan to shop at this year. So this week we’re sharing the Love List-shop small edition. And thank YOU for supporting the small business that is SweetPhi.com!
Phi’s Love List -small business edition picks
- Vennture brewing – they have the best coffee beans/coffee I’ve ever had (use code SWEETPHI5 for free shipping!)
- MKE Food tours – I love this company year round, for fun experiences. This year, they are offering super cool Wisconsin-themed food gifts.
- Bay View Printing Co. – they sell their own paper goods, prints, cool customizable notebooks; perfect for a teacher gift. Plus, when the world goes back to normal, they offer in-person letterpress classes that are so much fun!
- Golden Gems – I love this business for edgy fun goods. It’s hard not to buy all of the things on this amazing site!
- Shop Bitte – I’m always on the hunt for great kid products and this shop has amazing kids clothes, toys and books that are all super high quality.
- Black Bear Boutique – this boutique carries the cutest children’s clothes, gifts and products for all of the littles in your life. Plus, their owner is the sweetest person and they happen to carry my Baby Food Maker cookbook!
Bridget’s Love List -shop small picks
After living in Milwaukee for over 11 years, many of their small businesses hold a special place in my heart. Phi shared a few of my favorites above and I added one more below. When I left the city, I moved to Lake Geneva and discovered even more wonderful small businesses, so I’m thrilled to share a few with you.
- Dust Bunny Books – the most adorable little bookstore. This year, I needed to get some gifts to round out a few gifts. I could have easily gotten these on Amazon, but instead emailed Raina, the owner of Dust Bunny Books to help me find what I needed. She was thrilled to help and even offered a suggestion for a book she knew I’d love. I bought that one as well and can’t wait to give it as a gift!
- Hudson and Mila – There are approximately one million Etsy shops that I love, but this one is local to Lake Geneva, which makes it even more special to me. What else makes it so great? They donate a portion of their proceeds to children’s autism community and their PJs are super on-trend.
- Tique Furnishings – a small-owned furniture store that has everything from farmhouse to industrial. There is a small showroom in Lake Geneva and another large warehouse in Illinois. Plus you can shop online for some really unique pieces.
- Sharome Toys – space conscious and eco- friendly wooden toys, created by a husband and wife team. They make Montessori style toys that are so easy to love.
- Broadway Paper – this was one of my favorite stores when I lived in Milwaukee and remains a favorite to this day.
- The Waxwing – this store has an amazing selection of goods from local artisans. It’s a one-stop-shop for anyone on your list.
- You are Beautiful – I discovered this small business years ago when I fell in love with some of their public art. This is a great site to order gifts that are perfect little stocking stuffers. Plus, they share a message we all need to be reminded of every once and a while!
Alyssa’s Picks for love list shop small edition
- Mod Gen – “a modern take on the classic general stores once seen in our communities, located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.” Such a cute store with gifts, plants, and other home stuff!
- The Roost Mercantile – this is the cutest vintage and up-cycled finds store! They have 2 barns with over 50 vendors and artisans including a little bakery in one of them. I always find something to buy here! If you are local or in Wisconsin it’s definitely a cute place!
- Hirts Gardens – I was recommended this store on Etsy! They have the cutest homegrown plants that ship right to your house.
- Good Earth Soap – This company has one of my favorite scents for lotion and they have it in a candle! Their products use natural ingredients and every year they give back a portion of their proceeds to a nonprofit organization.