It’s that time of year – back to school! And that means the back to school supply list comes out and it’s time to shop for all of those supplies. This is my first year buying school supplies for one of my kids entering school, so it’s especially exciting, and I learned the neatest thing that makes life easier – which I’ll share below, all about back to school supply shopping!
With curbside shopping becoming a norm for many people nowadays, why not add a little more convenience to your back to school shopping? Well, another Mom shared something really cool with me that I wanted to make sure you all know about.
For the purposes of this post, we’re going to dive into the Target website. If you would rather shop at Walmart.com, the process is very similar and you can find their site here.
Target is doing something called School List Assist and it’s so simple!
- Click on “find your list”
- Choose at-store pickup or delivery
- Enter your zip code and select your store (if picking up at the store)
- Type in your school’s name or zip code again
- Select your grade/class
- Review and confirm info
- From here, you can choose to remove any items from the list or confirm as is.
- Add items to cart
- View cart and check out
There will be a section at the bottom called “Other items on the list.” This area has items like change of clothes, shoes or anything you move from the main list. From here, you can search on the Target website for these items and add them if you wish. And, that’s it! Your school supply shopping is done.
Well, maybe I spoke to soon – you can’t forget about lunchboxes! I’ve assembled a quick roundup of a few of my favorite lunchboxes and a couple of the things I love about them.
- A popular version of the classic bento box. Easy to clean, easy to portion, lots of fun patterns to choose from and five star reviews across the board! I love boxes like this because there is no need for any ziploc baggies or extra containers.
- A “fun” (ha, no pun intended) take on a lunch bag. I love the modern approach and hey, maybe this one is perfect for mom’s work lunch!
- This box is great because it’s self-insulating. Meaning, you can just throw the whole bag in the freezer and it keeps cold all day! And, again, it comes in tons of great patterns perfect for the kids.
- One of the most popular brands of bento boxes, but we specifically love the Bentgo Kids Chill. It has a built-in layer that is your freezable ice pack, so no more kids losing ice packs. Plus, the size seems to be great for just enough food.
- A little pricier than other options, but if you are a true HydroFlask fan, you know what you’re getting here – a quality product that will last you years.
- If you choose a lunch bag, instead of a Bento-style, I always try and go a little more green and use a re-useable bag like Stasher bags. Plus, they come in all sorts of fun colors!
- I absolutely love everything Pottery Barn Kids and these lunch boxes are no exception. Super fun patterns, high quality, personalization available and you can even coordinate an entire set. You can’t go wrong!
I hope this post gives you a little bit of help with your back to school supply list! And, if you need a little recipe inspiration, check out some of my back to school favorites.