One of my New Years Resolutions was to take a road trip with our pup (Clover), and this past weekend we got the chance to do just that. During our road trip I made a list of the essentials I’m sharing with you for this weeks Sweet Sunday. Before we left I made a batch of Homemade Granola Bars because they travel very well and make a tasty snack, and if I had been better prepared I would have made a batch of Homemade Dog Treats for Clover but just brought along some of her favorite natural treats. I also created a list of 25 Road Trip Questions that proved to be very informative.
One really finds out a lot about ones partner by asking Road Trip questions-for example-when answering the question about favorite fast foods I asked what his favorite fries were and learned that my husband does NOT share my love of crinkle fries (Culvers anyone?) According to him crinkle fries are the ‘worst kind of fry because they’re always limp’ lol, but after really laughing I had to completely disagree!
I’m no stranger to road trips with pets. My best friend and I have always had pets (cats & dogs) and share some very fond memories about traveling and moving across the country with pets (for example moving from IL to NY with two cats that were both on motion sickness medication that wasn’t working and were in various states of sprawled out – one on my shoulder – I got quite a lot of odd looks, and one on the floor on top of my friends feet). Experience for me has been to skip the meds and just pack the essentials to ensure a fun road trip for both you and your pet!
Below is the list of essentials for a Road Trip with your Dog:
- Collapsible Metro Cooler Market Basket
- Natural Balance Dog Treats – Sweet Potato and Chicken
- KONG Cozie Ali the Alligator Dog Toy
- 25 Fun Road Trip Questions to ask
- Ray-Ban RB2140 Original Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 12.1MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
- Collapsible Travel Bowl for Dogs
- Travel Dog Kibble Bag
- Earth Rated Dispenser w/15 Bags and 120 Lavender Scented Dog Poop Waste Bags
- Animal Planet Ultra-Soft Pet Blanket
- Brita Soft Squeeze Water Filter Bottles
- Bell Plantation Peanut Butter Thins Crackers
Here are Questions:
Here are some photos of our trip…or, photos of clover sleeping and lounging because that’s what she did the entire time!
Have you ever taken a road trip with your dog?
Disclaimer: please note that some of the above links are affiliate links and if you purchase through the links at no cost to you, the pennies I earn will go towards fun giveaways for the Sweetphi readers. To see a list of Sweetphi Giveaways click here.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!