This incredibly easy to make, delicious, and crowd pleasing 5 ingredient goat cheese stuffed chicken and whole wheat spaghetti dish will have you and your dinner guests going back for seconds…and even thirds… it’s that good…and you can say you spent hours slaving in the kitchen even though you won’t when you make this dish (I won’t judge, promise!)
Soooo, something you should know about me: I love cooking and coming up with unique yet simple recipes!
If you follow this blog it’s totally understandable that right about now you just rolled your eyes and are probably thinking ‘duh Phi, you have a 5 Ingredient Friday series.’
Well folks, since it is Friday, and I DO in fact have a Five Ingredient Friday series where every Friday I share a recipes that have 5 Ingredients or less (salt & water don’t count of course) I think it’s fitting that I share this incredibly delicious recipe with you.
The thing is, I get super excited when I’m working on creating a dish and it ends up coming out way beyond my expectations.
That is what happened with this dish. It came out tasting ten times better than I could have even imaged! The tender chicken and the tangy goat cheese on top of a bed of delicate yet flavorful whole wheat spaghetti. YUM!
This past weekend when I was shopping at ALDI (did you see my post where I professed my undying love for ALDI’s?) I found crumbled goat cheese with sun dried tomatoes and basil…for $1.99…you read that right, $1.99!!! So along with all the other ingredients I bought for this dish I headed home.
And since we had some friends coming over, I decided I’d make this stuffed chicken for dinner (hint: it was a HUGE hit!)
So you start by stuffing the chicken, all you do is use a sharp knife and cut the center of the chicken breasts open and then stuff some cheese in (it doesn’t have to be perfect, in fact, some of the best bites were ones that had a little of the browned cheese that fell out of the chicken while cooking).
Then you cook the chicken and right before you’re done you just throw the tomatoes in to blister them a little.
And then voila
And even though the end result looks super fancy and is the perfect dish to share with family and friends, it is really easy to make and you know since you got your ingredients at ALDI it was cost effective as well!
- 1.25 Lbs Boneless/skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 4 oz containers Crumbled Goat Cheese with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 box Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti
- 1-2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- *Availability and price of products may vary by store
- Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
- With a sharp knife cut a slit in the middle of the chicken breast-you want to form a pocket, you don't want to cut all the way through the chicken- and then with hands stuff 1-1.5 oz of goat cheese crumbles into the pocket.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil for a minute, then reduce heat to medium-high and put the chicken breasts in. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Then flip the chicken breasts and allow to cook for another 10 minutes (or until chicken breasts are done cooking and there is no more pink-you can cut into the breasts to check). When time has gone by, add the cherry tomatoes for 2 minutes and stir a couple of times so that they get blistered.
- In a large serving bowl add the spaghetti and remaining goat cheese crumbles, then stir to mix it up a few times (the goat cheese will soften and melt onto the pasta). Then slice up the chicken breasts and put on top of pasta and add the tomatoes and serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This deliciousness was sponsored by ALDI, as always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and thank you for supporting the brands that make the Sweetphi blog possible!