In this weeks’ Catching Up With The Kelnhofers we celebrated Valentines day, and my love for cooking is back apparently, because WOW, look at all the food we made in the ‘what I made’ section (baby Sam got carried in a sling while I cook with the twins, the kitchen is active!) Also, new feature is that there’s a YouTube video at the bottom!!!
- For my entire adult life, I have had a dream of having a big comfy sectional. A couch where I could sprawl out or snuggle up. A couch that would fit our family of 6 comfortably. The 3 seat sofa just wasn’t cutting it. My dreams came true this past weekend. After LOTS of research and physically going to sit on couches (a big thing for us) and purchasing a sectional last year, it was finally delivered (foam shortages/spring shortages/etc.) Our sectional is by Room & Board – sustainable, American made! It’s better than I imagined and every time I sit on it (every night) it makes me happy.
- I don’t remember it being like this when I was a kid. Holy cow, Valentine’s Day was like Halloween part II. The kids each got so many cute cards and treats. Ben had to write the names of his classmates…he struggled through. Seriously bless the teachers because I could not make out all the letters (he’s 4.5 so I’m at the phase where I’m impressed he can write his own name).
- Lots of snuggles and smiles!!
- How cute are Ben and Freddie in matching pajamas!? I got these comfy jammies at the Gap – the reindeer ones are sold out, but tons of other adorable options!
What I made this week – the best lentil soup, pancakes, and sandwiches!
- We re-started our subscription to Misfits Market (imperfect produce and organic grocery delivery). The twins helped me unpack the box – which turned into them asking for their aprons and they helped me make dinner!
- Instead of making this lentil soup in the slow cooker we made it in the Instant Pot (all ingredients in, high pressure for 20 min)
- Sandwiches taken to the next level by making maple mustard mayo – tastes just like sandwiches from Panera with the sauce!
- We made cheesy bacon dip for a party. Ben kept bacon on a paper towel off to the side that he’d eat in between cooking!
- Saturday mornings I have been walking downstairs to the smell of pancakes and coffee. It’s glorious! Nick has been making snowman pancakes (just plain for me!) what do you put on your pancakes?