It’s time to have fun in the kitchen with the kids and these snowman pancakes fit the bill! Plus, this recipe is great to make ahead, freeze and warm up when you’re ready to eat.
Anything I can do to make mornings slightly less hectic is a win in my book. So, I love to make a big batch of these pancakes to throw in the freezer. Then, when you’re ready to enjoy them, simply wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. A great make-ahead breakfast! I also do this all the time with my eggless waffles.
What ingredients do I need for snowman pancakes?
- Baking powder
- Buttermilk (you can make your own by combining milk and lemon juice)
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, coconut flakes, bananas, chocolate chips
Not only is this a great make-ahead, freezer pancake recipe, but it’s also one that involves the kids. Sure, you could enjoy the delicious pancakes on their own, but have a little fun and stack them to look like a snowman.
How to make snowman pancakes
- Heat griddle to high heat. I like to use this griddle but a nonstick pan will work just fine as well.
- Prepare pancakes using instructions below. Pour batter in various sized circles.
- Once pancakes are cooled, stack into the shape of a snowman.
- Start decorating! Spread whipped topping on each pancake, add coconut flakes. Add M&Ms for buttons, eyes, nose and mouth.
As you can see, this recipe for how to make snowman pancakes is a favorite of my kids! And mine as well. Super simple to make, delicious to enjoy and fun to decorate. A great activity for the cold winter months.
If you’re looking for more fun things to make with kids in the kitchen, try these recipes:
- 2 cups flour all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk see notes below on making your own
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large
- Cooking spray
- whipped cream, coconut flakes, bananas, chocolate chips
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix.
- Make a well in the center (just indent with the back of your mixing spoon) and add in buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and crack the eggs. Stir from the center to break the egg yolk and continue to stir until only a few small clumps are left. (A few small clumps are ok - don't over mix)
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Pour batter only griddle in various circle sizes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the pancakes are made. Set made pancakes onto a cooling rack. Assemble on a plate to look like a snowman!
- Add optional toppings for snowman decorations.