Every once in a while I like to try different salad recipes, this Chinese Chicken Salad is a definite winner and one that was so good in fact, that I’ve made it since to perfect salad dressing recipe.
This recipe was inspired by Bobby Flay’s (or as my husband calls him ‘Bobbers’) version of Chinese Chicken Salad.
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into strips (or 2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1 bag lettuce with carrots and red cabbage
- 1 small can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 Cup Chow mein noodles
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro finely chopped
- --For the dressing--
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 Tsp Sriracha hot sauce less or none if you don't like it with a little heat-mine was very mild
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Start by whisking all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl-ok if little clumps of ginger or peanut butter remain after vigorously whisking. If making the chicken instead of using rotisserie chicken, preheat oven to 400, in a baking dish lay out the chicken and cover with about 1-2 tsp of the salad dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is done cooking, set aside for a few minutes, then cut and use for the salad.
- In a salad bowl combine the bag of lettuce that has carrots and cabbage in it, then sprinkle on the chopped green onions and cilantro, toss the salad a few times, then add the mandarins and chow mein noodles, and on top of that add the chicken. Sprinkle dressing in a circular motion so that the whole bowl gets some dressing, then toss the salad and serve.
Leave a Reply