Every once in a while I like to try different salad recipes, this Chinese Chicken Salad is a definite winner and one that was so good in fact, that I’ve made it since to perfect salad dressing recipe.
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into strips (or 2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1 bag lettuce with carrots and red cabbage
- 1 small can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 Cup Chow mein noodles
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro finely chopped
- --For the dressing--
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 Tsp Sriracha hot sauce less or none if you don't like it with a little heat-mine was very mild
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Start by whisking all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl-ok if little clumps of ginger or peanut butter remain after vigorously whisking. If making the chicken instead of using rotisserie chicken, preheat oven to 400, in a baking dish lay out the chicken and cover with about 1-2 tsp of the salad dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is done cooking, set aside for a few minutes, then cut and use for the salad.
- In a salad bowl combine the bag of lettuce that has carrots and cabbage in it, then sprinkle on the chopped green onions and cilantro, toss the salad a few times, then add the mandarins and chow mein noodles, and on top of that add the chicken. Sprinkle dressing in a circular motion so that the whole bowl gets some dressing, then toss the salad and serve.