If you’ve been around the SweetPhi community for awhile now, you know how much I love meal delivery services (I did a big comparison of meal delivery services here). Well, did you know that you can buy a gift card for meal delivery kit services? Meal delivery kits are where a company sends a box of ingredients for a meal and includes instructions on how to cook that meal. My favorite meal delivery services are Home Chef and Sun Basket.
Christmas is going to be here before we know it and ’tis the season for last minute gifts! Am I right? There is always someone (or two or three) on my list that pops up at the last minute and I always get stuck on ideas. Well, this year, I am getting them a gift card for a meal delivery service!
This is great for all sorts of people:
- Daycare providers/babysitters
- New moms/new parents
- Friend/family that are far away
Reasons why I love meal delivery:
- Takes the thinking about “what should I make for dinner” away
- All the ingredients are there, I won’t have weird extra ingredients
- Allows me to try new things I normally wouldn’t (I once had lentil flautas that were something I never would have tried and now get whenever I see them as an option).
- They’ve made it even easier by even having options for “oven ready” meals where they even send you the baking dish! It’s a home cooked meal, but you’re just putting things together.
- The meals are really good!
So, without further adieu, here is how to buy a gift card for meal delivery:
Home Chef is my favorite meal delivery service for many reasons – you can check out my full comparison here. I just know whoever you buy a meal delivery kit gift card for is going to love it!!
Thank you for posting this!
Question for you: a family member had a stroke. I’d like to gift a meal certificate to the family members who are caring for her.
In your experience, which service would be the easiest for someone in that situation? (I want it to be as non-stressful as possible!).
Thank you so much for the thoughtful question (that’s so sweet that you’re getting a gift card for them, I’m sure they’ll appreciate it).
I’ve found that Home Chef is honestly the best option, because they have everything from meals where you chop and cook, to ones that are just easy assembly where you put all ingredients in a pan (which they provide) to quick salads that you literally assemble, so I think the person receiving it has a lot of flexibility in terms of if they like to cook or just want super low involvement.
This is just such a good gift (you reminded me to get one for a care giver, so thank you!!)