Today I’m sharing with you lovely readers a review of my amazing experience with a new company called Savor The Journey Travel, and then I’m sharing a list of my favorite Milwaukee Restaurants.
So what is Savor The Journey Travel? It’s a travel planning company that helps plan fun, personalized vacations for people who love food (check and check, I love travel and I love food). Not only do you get personalized itineraries, activity lists, restaurant recommendations and more, but you’re mailed a cute, vintage-themed ‘Travel Kit’ with all of your trip information, along with fun little gifts to for your foodie getaway!
Here’s a breakdown of how it works:
- You pick a city that you want to explore (they have a super fun list of ‘Places We Love‘ on their website – makes me want to take a bunch of vacations asap!)
- Then you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them about yourself and what kind of trip you have in mind.
- Once you hear back from them, you purchase a Travel Kit on their site
- Then they send you a survey to get an idea of what you’re looking for in a trip
- They spend hours finding the perfect spots and putting together recommendations, and then you receive your Travel Kit in the mail with suggested itineraries, restaurant information, local activities, fun little gifts, hotel recommendations and more – all personalized just for you!
- Then you enjoy your adventure!
After learning about Savor The Journey Travel and emailing back and forth with one of the lovely owners, Leah, I gave her the task of planning my anniversary weekend staycation. Now, that’s no small task…I LOVE MILWAUKEE, I live in Milwaukee, and it was our anniversary weekend!
Then our Travel Kit arrived! OMG! You guys! It was so adorable and carefully packaged!
As I opened each beautifully crafted item, the best way to describe what I was doing is to tell you I was shrieking, I kept saying to my husband ‘omg, honey, look at this….and listen to this’ I’m sure he really loved hearing my exclamations!
It was as if Leah had known us our entire lives and planned the perfect anniversary weekend for us, she even included our favorite restaurants in her itinerary, without me having told her what they were.
On top of the itinerary, there was a beautiful binder that listed different restaurants and activity suggestions all divided by tabs with all the contact information of the establishment and notes!
And the vintage box filled with goodies? Again, it’s like she knew me, she included pretzels and mustard (you should all know that I have a serious love of mustard, at one time there’s probably no less than 6 kinds of mustard in my fridge) which I ate immediately lol, and then some cheese (hello? cheese? my faaaave!) and some adorable utensils and wine. Oh, AND there was a super cute little message in a bottle that I have on display.
What a cool experience. I will definitely be contacting Savor The Journey Travel for help planning my next foodie filled adventure, and you should to!
I received a Travel Kit to review but this post was not sponsored or compensated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting and checking out brands that I love and that make the SweetPhi blog possible.
- Cafe Baveria – Serving German inspired dishes, they have a great brunch and dinner menu, their beer list is also very extensive
- Holey Moley – Delicious and unique donuts, can I have a dozen please?
- HoneyPie – Get the Breakfast Casserole, all your favorite breakfasts in a casserole, SO GOOD, and finish it off with a slice of their pie!
- Rocket Baby Bakery – This is where I go when I want a good croissant or French macarons!
- Wolf Peach – They serve brunch on the weekends and always have delicious wood-fired options
- AJ Bombers – They have fantastic burgers that are huge and mouthwateringly delicious
- Braise – One of my all time favorite restaurnats in Milwaukee, they serve farm-to-table meals with whatever is in season
- Balzac – A wine bar that serves small plates (get the Sac Mac, I’ve even tried to re-create the dish because I love it so much with my Blue Cheese Bechamel Mac n Cheese)
- Capri Di Nuovo – A little drive out of the city, but garlic bread that will make it worth the trip…it’s dipped in butter!
- Goodkind – This is where we celebrated our anniversary! They’re newly opened and feature small plates
- Maxies – Serving southern food and oysters…AND…they just so happen to have locations in Ithaca (where I went to grad school) and here in Milwaukee (where I now live) and I’ve been to both! How cool is that?
- Philly Way – Cheese-steaks like they have in Philly! A divey atmosphere with some seriously delicious food!
- Smoke Shack – Some fantastic bbq served in their intimate and cool ‘shack’ themed building
- Tenutas – Great Italian food!
- The Noble – My all-time Milwaukee fave!! The menu varies daily but I’ve never had something I didn’t LOVE! Also, get their Tri of Spreads…it comes with freshly baked grilled bread!
- Transfer – Amazing pizzas of all kinds (my mother-in-law’s favorite pizza – here – is based on a pizza from Transfer)