Time is flying at a seeming ungodly pace, and I cannot believe it is only two months until my cookbook launches! I love sharing behind-the-scenes updates and sharing what I’m working on because this cookbook is made for you – it’s made for all the busy people out there, looking for easy yet delicious recipes and readers of Five Ingredient Fridays!
Last we left off (when it was four months until launch) I was editing the styled manuscript. That took forever but needed to get done in like 2 weeks (when there’s over 230 pages, half of which are text, it really takes a lot of work). The big news is that Walmart picked up my book, so it is now available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound and Walmart!! In addition, Costco also picked up the book so it will be available in stores starting July 19th, how incredible is that?!? I am beyond grateful and thankful!
- End of March 2016-proofreader went through one more time and caught a few more things – like the instance where I used ‘LOL’ in a sentence (appropriately) but it was nixed (guess it wasn’t as funny as I thought.) During this time the book also went through an indexer, and received several rounds of edits from the publisher.
- April 2016 – Final design and layout were reviewed (you’d be surprised how many little things are found even after multiple reviews – like putting pictures in the right place and text overlapping a page numbers.) During April, I also received promotional post cards that I worked on with the publisher. On one side it shows the cover of the book, and on the other it shares a recipe and contact information (pictured above). I’m leaving the cards at various places and use them to start the conversation with small shop owners in hopes they’ll carry my book (if you know of any places that might be interested, I’m ALL EARS – firstname.lastname@example.org). Even though I’m a pretty outgoing person and love talking to all sorts of people, it’s always hard to put yourself out there, but I’m reallllllly proud of this book, so I’m working on it!
- May 2016 -I’m working on plans for a launch party!! Please mark your calendars, because I would LOVE to see you there. I’m also working on a pre-order bonus campaign. 5 weeks leading up to the cookbook launch (starting June 17) I’m going to be sharing a recipe from the book so you can cook through the book with me to get a preview, and there’s going to be a bonus packet of recipes for everyone who pre-orders. Be sure to sign up for my enewsletter (here) because I’ll of course be emailing out more details! Books are headed to the printer now, and will be distributed in late June and be for sale in stores in July!!
- Launch party details: Monday, July 18th from 6-8pm at the Milwaukee Public Market. Besides being a super cool place, the Milwaukee Public Market is a very special place to me, it is where I had my wedding reception four years ago, so it is a truly amazing venue and I am SO EXCITED to have the launch party hosted there. At the launch party I’ll be signing books, there will be food (from the cookbook of course), socializing and there will be tons of fun prizes and giveaways! Door to Door Organics is going to be hosting the event and we’re working on some really cool stuff for attendees. I would love for you to come!!
Other posts you might like:
- A list of my favorite cookbooks
- Baby Food Maker Cookbook Out in Stores Today!
- Eight Years Blogging – My Happy Place!
Nervous excitement is building, I am truly looking forward my cookbook being out- July 19th (official launch day) is coming up super fast! I’m always sharing tidbits on my Instagram, @philiakelnhofer and if you have any questions, I’d always love to hear from you, THANK YOU for following along.