This sour cream and chive turkey burger recipe is by far my favorite way to make turkey burgers. They’re the best burgers made with ground turkey, are flavorful and come together in a flash, truly a recipe staple to have on hand!No joke, this turkey burger recipe is my favorite turkey burger recipe, it’s one that I’ve been making for years. Today I’m revamping an old post with new photos (the original post was published 4 years ago!!), but the recipe remains unchanged because it’s so good.
Move aside any bland turkey burger you’ve ever had, and make room for this absolutely delicious, flavorful and overall amazing sour cream and chive turkey burger. In this turkey burger, sour cream is used instead of eggs and is a nice healthy dinner idea. You can use lower fat or fat-free sour cream to make it even lower calorie.
You can load up the burgers with your favorite toppings. I’ve found that for these burgers the best toppings are lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, provolone cheese, and pickles.
I am one of those people that actually prefers ground turkey over ground beef. You will seldom see ground beef in my house. So when it comes to burgers, I love using ground turkey to make them. If you cook with ground turkey, or lean/extra lean ground turkey, you may know that it can tend to get a little dry sometimes. Because you’re using sour cream in these burgers, the burgers stay nice and juicy.
I wanted to leave some of the old photos just for you to see lol:
These sour cream and chive turkey burgers can be made via pan frying them, baking them, or on the grill. Next time you’re looking for a delicious ground turkey burger recipe, I’d highly recommend making these! The best part is that it’s a quick and easy dinner recipe, it takes a under 20 minutes to have dinner on the table!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Skinny Turkey Burgers on Bagel Thins
- The Best Easy Burger Seasoning Mix
Sour Cream and Chive Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives sold as freeze dried chives available in the spice aisle - or use fresh chives
- 1/4 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs or use regular bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon each: salt pepper, and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for pan frying
- For the burgers:
- 4 buns
- red onion finely sliced
- tomato finely sliced
- pickles finely sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese or cheese of choice
- In a bowl combine ground turkey, sour cream, chives, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and mix well to combine, and form into 4 burgers.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan, and place burgers into the pan. Cook on high for 15 minutes, flipping burgers halfway through cooking.
- Assemble the burgers with toppings and enjoy!