This dish turned out WAY better than I thought it would and I will now definitely need to start a repeat list!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbs Corn Starch
- 2 Tbs Water
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 5 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbs Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbs Black Sesame Seeds just add another Tbs of the regular sesame seeds if you don't have black ones
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 4 servings brown rice
- Prepare brown rice according to package instruction.
- Cube chicken, in a bowl whisk water, egg whites and corn starch. Let marinate for 5-10 minutes. In a large pan heat 2 Tbs of Coconut Oil, then add chicken, leaving most of the access marinate out (otherwise you'll have cooked egg whites tid bits!). Let cook until the chicken is slightly browned, add the chopped onions and garlic, sprinkle a little salt and pepper in.
- Chop the green and red peppers. Add the remaining 1 Tbs of coconut oil to the pan and then add the peppers in.
- In a bowl whisk together the honey and soy sauce. Add the sesame seeds and ground ginger, add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- To serve place brown rice in bowl and add honey sesame chicken on top
Honey Sesame Chicken ingredients
The marinade before adding it
all mixing together all ready to enjoy