In this weeks’ Catching Up With The Kelnhofers, I talk about how I spent a night at a hotel away from my kids (thanks to my husband for booking the night) and about the cutest Valentine’s day boxes the kids made, and a bunch of delicious food we made this week (pizza night!). Also, new this week: a YouTube video recap of our week at the bottom of this post!
- Valentines boxes – the twins had to make ‘Valentines boxes’ for ‘homework’ for school. I let them decorate their own boxes and joked with Nick that I was not the mom who does her kids’ homework. They took them into school and were so excited to show them off.
- Scavenger hunt – we finished the scavenger hunt I mentioned last week!
- Favorite Day at Target – Ben and I had a little Target date. I haven’t been IN a Target with Ben in 2 years (we’ve just been doing pick up). It was kind of fun, but also overwhelming. Their snack game though, oh my goodness, so amazing, the whole Favorite Day line is amazing (delicious and beautifully packaged).
- Night away at a hotel – Read about how I spent a night away at a hotel without kids (a gift from Nick!!)…I must confess, I missed the kids, but it was glorious and I returned refreshed and recharged!
What I made this week – white wine garlic shrimp + freezer burritos + pizza with the kids and sushi bowls
- We made delicious white wine garlic shrimp, I had forgotten how easy it was (a 15 minute meal!)
- When I got back from the hotel night (see above) I’m so glad I opened the freezer to find beef burritos with zucchini, a quick 3 minutes in the microwave and a few minutes in the toaster oven and YUM!
- These salmon bowls and vegetarian sushi bowls are the inspiration for the super quick ‘sushi’ bowls I’ve been making for lunch. I just get canned salmon, 60 second sticky rice, seaweed snacks (nori), avocado/cucumber and then a mayo/sriracha sauce. Takes 2 seconds to pack and 2 minutes to prepare at work!
- I love making pizza with the kids – I have a whole post about making pizza with kids with lots of tips and tricks, they each roll out their own dough and top it. This tool is a lifesaver. Ben made his look like a snowman and was so proud of it.
Watch a video of our week:
Leave a Reply