On this weekly love list, we’re sharing some of our favorite Christmas traditions and a few fun things leading in to the New Year. Enjoy this week’s list!
- My in-laws introduced me to Hallmark ornaments, there are ornaments in series called Keepsake Ornaments – read about them here – now it’s always special for me to see all the ornaments during the holidays.
- Sebastian Stan is an actor (probably best known in Captain America movies) and this clip he shared on Insta about life in 2020 really had me laughing.
- Saw these heeled hiking boots and I have mixed thoughts. Cute, but do I need/want a heel on something called a hiking boot?
- I’ve been on the hunt for a nice arched black mirror for our mantel since last August. I couldn’t find one I liked, or one that was in stock (this one from CB2 was only in stock next year March). But, omg Home Depot randomly came through. Cheaper (by half) and gorgeous.
- 13 new years traditions we started doing #2 with these.
- One of my favorite Christmas traditions, for as long as I can remember, is the garland at the top of the staircase. Every Christmas morning, we would wake up to a piece of garland tied at the top of the stairs and we couldn’t cross it until our parents said something like “oh my gosh, Santa came! Come on down.” I now do the same thing with my kids! Turns out the garland allowed for a key things:
- It allowed my parents to do any last minute Santa tasks
- Get the video camera ready
- Build some anticipation!
- I’ve always loved Toy Story, so seeing this story run across my news feed made me so happy. I love when people go above and beyond to make someone else smile – just like my running gingerbread story in last week’s Love List (LINK). Woody’s full adventure can be found here.
- I think we’ll use ideas 1. and 9. from this article on ways to ring in 2021.
- I grew up with my parents having all Santa ornaments on the tree and most of the decorations were Santa too. Now that I have my own house, my tree always has a Santa theme! The past few years now I get a new Santa ornament from my parents to add to the tree!
- I thought this was a fun article all about food trends in 2021! I’m all for #4 and thought #6 was interesting.
- I saw this cake and thought it was the cutest, especially for the holidays! She makes so many gorgeous desserts!
Leave a Reply