If you’ve been following SweetPhi.com for some time, you have hopefully seen my mom essentials posts. I love writing them and I’m excited to wrap up a full year of Mom Essentials by sharing Mom Essentials – Summer Edition. In case you missed the others, check them out below:
- I’m sure I’ve talked about my love for Birkenstocks before, but they became a staple in my life after having kids. I know it’s such a Mom thing, but I don’t care. They are so darn comfy and sturdy (they do take a little time to wear in)! These are my favorite kind, but I think I’m going to have to buy the waterproof ones this summer.
- Sunglasses are one of those things that I keep buying and always want more of. Haha. Anyone else do that? I love these ones!
- I know, I know – it’s summer so why do I need a cardigan?
- Well, I think we can all agree that temperature control is always up in the air during the summer months. Sometimes places are freezing because of the air conditioning and sometimes there is no AC on at all so I’m sweating. Either way, it’s always nice to have something light to throw over in case it’s chilly. Or really, it’s great to just throw on around the house. I’m loving this cardigan because of it’s length – always trying to find cardigans that are long enough to cover my booty!
- A good set of pajamas is totally under-rated, especially during this time that we are spending so much more time at home. I love PJs from Soma Intimates, especially this cool nights short sleeve sleepshirt dress thing, I have 3. They have this great t-shirt dress/nightgown that is so soft and just perfect for summer nights. Plus, Soma offers a great range in sizing, which I always appreciate.
- If you’re a Mom, you have one of these year-round. That one bag that you throw everything in. Well, in the summer, I use it even more because I’m finding myself reaching for bug spray, sun hats, sunscreen etc. I’m loving this bag because it comes in fun summer colors or more classic patterns and colors, which is more my style. Plus, it zips close so you don’t have to worry about all of your stuff falling out in the car – yes, that happens to me all the time!
- Ben loves having “picnics” which is really just eating any food outside on a blanket. Well, one of my friends told me about this great blanket she has! It’s a perfect material so if the grass is a bit wet, the blanket is water resistant on the bottom side and comfy on the top. It’s durable and great to throw in the trunk of the car for a park picnic too!
- Well, I found a super adorable Kate Spade picnic blanket that is a bit of a splurge and, unfortunately sold out! But, don’t worry, trusty Target comes through with a ton of fun, summer affordable versions.
- A good water bottle is essential in the summer! Well, all year round really. But this one keeps my water ice cold all day, every day! I always switch tops and buy one with a straw because I find that I drink way more water when I’m drinking out of a straw. Also, there are tons of fun colors available!
Kid’s Summer Gear
- One of my favorite parts of summer is playing outside with the kids! We have a nice private backyard, so splish-splashing back there with a sand box and pool is all we need for endless fun in the sun.
- Right now, I am loving Target’s Sun Squad line. All of the prints are just so fun and cute and summery. My summer kid’s must-haves are below:
- Ben has a basic little plastic pool, like the hard-sided kind, but these inflatable ones are so dang cute I might be buying another one that all of the kids can enjoy! This one is on the top of my list.
- The towels are too hard to choose from because i am loving all of the fun summer prints. But, the fruit prints are totally speaking to me. I’ve got my eye on watermelon, pineapple and lemon!
- What kid doesn’t love playing in the sand? For us, it’s one of the times that Ben actually sits quietly and plays on his own for a few glorious minutes. And honestly, sometimes these toys find their way into the pool and that’s ok too!
- I love Hanna Andersson, mostly for their PJs, but also for their kids swimsuits. They come in a ton of fun patterns, but the best part is that they have these suits that zip up the front, making it so much easier to get on and off.
What are your summer must-haves!? Let me know in the comments below