Today, I’m sharing all of my Spring must-haves. I get questions about items I share in my Insta stories or pictures and where they came from. It’s my hope that these posts help you quickly locate the items and provides some inspiration. So, here goes with Mom Essentials – Spring Edition. If you haven’t checked them out, take a peak at my mom essentials – fall edition and winter edition to see some of my favorite items (I still use the coffee mug from the fall edition daily, and the ice stays in ice cubes all day, great for forgotten coffee!)
Since we’re living in an odd time, where retail stores are closed, I’ve been hearing mixed things. I know people are limiting shopping and spending (I know I have) but at the same time, I’ve also heard from many of you that you are spending more time shopping online and are looking for ideas, so if that’s you, then this post is perfect for you.
- This sweater is from Target and is a great transitional piece (transition from winter to spring). I love the sleeve detail and especially that it comes in a bright Spring color that makes me happy!
- It was so hard to chose just one dress, so I thought I’d offer two options. One is incredibly affordable and one is a tad more of a splurge, but both are great.
- This dress from Old Navy is a great spring pattern; light and airy. Plus, I love the cap sleeve. Old Navy is one of my favorite places to shop because it’s always affordable (and there’s always a sale), has a large range in sizes and their clothes are easy to wear.
- A dress that is a tad more of a splurge is a dress I found at J. Crew (right now though, it’s on sale for 59% off and is $47!). When I’m looking for a closet staple that will last a long time, I turn to J. Crew because they offer mid-sizes, which make it so easy to shop (mid-sizes are what I am for reference, I’m on the upper end of ‘normal’ sizes but not quite in the plus size range, J. Crew usually has their clothes in the range of size 00-24). This dress is the best for so many reasons: it has pockets, it can be dressed up or down. Add sneakers or Tieks (the best Italian leather ballet flats) for running around, dressy sandals or heels for a night out or wedges/mules for a semi-formal event. I can add different cardigans and jackets over the top to change up the look. Super versatile.
- You know I love my black, but the dress does come in a few other fun colors as well, if you’re feeling more bold (not gonna lie, I’m kind of looking at the hot pink!)
- Yup, these ones have a funny name (Woodies), but they live up to the fun! The glasses look great on and are polarized, so they actually work, unlike some other trendy-looking sunglasses that don’t help shield the sun at all. You can get a pair that is full wood or partial wood. Whichever way you go, you’ll be stylish in both of them!
- If you’ve been following along for any time, you may have read about how much I am loving my mules! They are a great Spring shoe because they still keep your toes warm on those chillier days, but allow a bit of freedom in the back. Plus, they’re super easy to slide on as I’m packing up children and running out the door (well, when I’m allowed out the door again!)
- I actually first loved these ones, but they are currently sold out. Don’t worry, I also bought the black ones because they are so great! Then I went back and bought the suede light grey ones. They’re amazing
- I’ve had plenty of friends tell me that they have been shopping at Wal-Mart for adorable clothing and even shoes lately. I can’t believe it, but as I dug through their website a bit a, wow! I was in the market for a good Spring coat and found exactly what I wanted at Wal-Mart. And, with it being only $25, I feel like I can buy one or two more in one of the other awesome color options!
- So, boyfriend jeans are all the rage right now. Or Mom jeans; I see that people are calling them both. The point is, they are often high wasted and a looser fit. This pair was recommended to me by a friend who loves them and omg, so do I! Let me start by saying that this picture does not do them any justice. They so great and tuck me in in all the right places. Depending on how you like these to fit, I’d size up on these because I prefer a roomier, comfy fit for boyfriend jeans. Oh, and I like to cuff these when wearing them!
- And this pair is usually a bit more of a splurge, but they happen to be on sale so snag them fast! These ones happen to be called girlfriend jeans (who can keep track!?) but, again, they fit higher and tuck in the areas that might need some tucking. They’re from Chicos, it’s so funny, but me and one of my bffs talk about how Chicos makes the best pants, it’s a secret but not so secret!
- You can never have enough of your favorite basic t-shirt. This one is mine. It’s as simple a that. I own this shirt in all sorts of colors and you should too (I literally have a drawer full I’ve collected over the last few years, and when they’re not ok to wear in public anymore – like if they have a small hole or something – I use them as a night shirt!!)
Enough about me, I wanted to share a few of my favorite spring items for the family as well.
- I’m sure you’ve heard me talking about these before, but I cannot say enough good things about the knives. Ben absolutely loves helping in the kitchen with them and your kids will too.
I love cooking with my instant pot and if you’re looking for some easy recipes, try a few of my favorites:
KIDS RAIN GEAR
- Ben is especially energetic at this age and as soon as it rains, I’m sure he’s going to want to jump in each and every puddle out there! He has a pair of Woody cowboy boots (kind of like these), but they aren’t waterproof, so this frog set of matching kids rain coat and rain boots is adorable!
And lastly, since we are living in unprecedented times, I wanted to be sure to include a quick section about what I’m wearing at this very moment! During this time that we’re all working from home much more, I’m all about comfies! Below are a few of my favorite pieces of loungewear – all things comfortable!
- My favorite leggings
- Lounge pants I love
- A comfy long-sleeved waffle shirt
- And, of course, my Crocs! – I know, they are so ugly and silly, but I don’t even care. They are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn! In fact, as I write this, I’m wearing them now! And yesterday we took an hour walk and I wore them and and my husband pointed out I was wearing them (they were a gift from him) and I told him “I’m not a Crocs person”!! But I really am lol.
What are some of your Spring favorites? I’d love if you’d let me know in the comments below!
Disclaimer: some of the above links are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission (or account credit in some cases) if you purchase through the links at no additional cost to you. None of this is sponsored, just my personal recommendations, all thoughts/opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands and products that make the SweetPhi blog possible.