To the special Mother (or Mother-figure in your life), you are powerful, strong and you rock so I’ve put together this Mother’s Day Gift Roundup! Whether you are a new mom this year, a grandmother, an aunt or friend, you mean the world to someone. You are what make households run each day.
It’s funny – I was talking to a local florist and somehow we got into talking to Mother’s Day. She said that Mother’s Day, by quite a lot, is their very busiest day of the year. Yes, even beating Valentine’s Day. I think it’s because it’s easy to get stuck on what to get Mom for her special day so flowers are always a beautiful default. What do you possibly get a Mom to show just how much you love and appreciate them?
Mostly, I don’t think Mom’s treat themselves too often. They are much too worried about making sure everyone else has what they need. So, I’ve put together a few of my favorite things that any Mom would surely be thrilled to receive.
- Kate Spade Watch – My Grandma always loved watches, so I think she passed that down to me. Blessing and a curse I suppose! But, this Kate Spade watch is one of my faves and makes a beautiful gift for any Mom in your life.
- Plantable Greetings – I have always loved plantable papers and am thrilled to be able to spread the word (I even had plantable paper at my wedding as confetti that said ‘watch the love grow’). For your Mother’s Day card this year, make it a plantable flower so it can serve as a memory all year long.
- Candles – These candles come in so many amazing scents! And if you know me at all, you know I love candles. I almost always have them burning in my house so I can never have too many.
- Starbucks gift card – What could be better? I use Starbucks gift cards on the regular and don’t know many Mom’s that wouldn’t do the same! We’re all living on coffee, aren’t we?!
- Beautiful Robe – relaxation has never looked so lovely. For me, I’ll be happy to spend the summer in this when the twins arrive!
- Lavender Linen Spray – lavender is known for its calming effect and can often be used to help aid in your sleep. Plus, it smells lovely. I use this linen spray on my pillows when I’m having trouble sleeping and I simply love it.
- Baby food maker cookbook – this is clearly me favorite gift on the list! And it is perfect for any new Mom’s in your life.
- Beautiful tea towels – Obviously, an everyday use in my life. These beautiful florals help brighten any kitchen. As Ben helps more and more in the kitchen, we’re making more messes! So, I feel like I’m washing my towels daily. Because of that, my stock keeps growing and I always have one on hand when the others are in the wash!
- Photo book – someone made one of these for me for my first Mother’s Day and it brought me to tears. It was so simple, but so appreciated. We take hundreds of photos on our phones, but then never take the time to print them, more or less put them in a book. So, having someone else simply compile the pictures and print them for me was a beautiful gift.
- Massaging Pillow – Ok I know this seems cliche, but I have one and LOVE it. It is especially helpful during this pregnancy when everything hurts.
- Personalized Necklace – There are so many great personalized jewelry options, but these are one of my favorites. They are on-trend and understated, but can be personalized with a number of things (birth dates, names, roman numerals, etc.). I recently bought one as a gift with my friend’s son’s name on it and his birthdate in roman numerals. It turned out great!
- Audible subscription – this gift is especially wonderful for anyone who spends a lot of time in the car – whether it is simply driving kids around to multiple sports practices or driving to and from work.
- Gift card for meal delivery service – you know how I love my meal delivery services! When life is busy (which is true for most Mom’s), meal delivery services come in handy big time. They help to get a wholesome meal on the table when you might otherwise simply order a pizza.
And you know what else is a great gift? Time. Every year, my Mom simply wants to spend time together. So, it’s a lovely way to spend your day!
Whatever you do, I hope it’s lovely!