Every once in a while (about every month) I try and go through my pantry and fridge and make something with the odds and ends that I have that need to get used. I just so happen to have 1/2 a can of pumpkin puree sitting in my fridge and three straggling parsnips from my last trip to the Farmers Market that I had to use and it clicked…why not make a pumpkin parsnip pasta dish? I did, and yum! What a great fall dish. Here in Wisconsin it has already started to snow, I’m secretly trying to keep Fall around by making one last pumpkin dish.
- 1 Lb Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1 Lb Whole Wheat pasta
- 3 Parsnips, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cooking White Wine
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp each: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, Sage Leaf Powder (optional)
- Top each dish with a pinch of shredded parmesan
Recipe inspired by Rachel Ray’s recipe Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!