We know it’s back to school for many of you so this week’s meal plan is full of easy recipes, ones you can prep ahead and enjoy all week and, of course, a grocery list to help you get shopping done quickly and easily.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- This recipe is great for meal prep. The components can be made ahead, and then it takes all of a minute (two, tops) to toast a piece of bread, spread on some miso butter and cut up a hard boiled egg
- The difference between an au gratin dish and a scalloped dish is simply cheese.
- Summer squash and zucchini can be used interchangeably so if you have 6 zucchini use those, or likewise with the summer squash.
- You can make a flax egg as a decent substitute to eggs. To make it: combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and let it sit and it creates a gelatinous egg-like texture = 1 large egg.
- You can easily make these muffins vegan by substituting margarine or a vegan butter for the butter in the streusel topping.
- Souvlaki means “meat on skewers” and is also used to describe the actual Greek meal (typically chicken wrapped in a pita with tomatoes and a sauce). This version is lightened up and made into a salad.
- Add tzatziki sauce to the salad and enjoy with pita on the side!
- Use these kid-safe knives to get your kid involved in making these with you
- Turmeric’s health benefits include
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties
- A great source of antioxidants
- Natural mood-booster
- This is a 3 ingredient recipe.
- Try a variety of fun toppings: maple syrup, powdered sugar, chopped walnuts or pecans, fresh berries, Greek yogurt mixed with honey.
- Double or quadruple the recipe depending on how many bananas you have on hand.