This whole wheat peanut butter cookie pizza recipe is a fun and delicious treat, and is great for cooking with kids. We’ve made it a few times and have amped up the peanut butter just a touch each time. Now it’s just right and a super fun treat to make and enjoy!
The other day, Ben came up to me and said he wanted to make a cookie pizza – I guess he saw one on TV and was feeling inspired, ha! I thought through what we had in the pantry and knew we could make up something delicious. I used my Captain America chocolate chip cookie cake as inspiration and adapted it majorly to what we had on hand.
What ingredients are used in this cookie cake pizza recipe?
- Butter – you’ll use room temperature for this recipe, salted or unsalted are fine.
- Peanut butter – this is the key ingredient for the peanut butter cookie, of course! I use a natural, no-stir peanut butter, but any one will work, so just pick your favorite brand!
- Granulated sugar – used for sweetness in this recipe.
- Brown sugar – you can use light or dark brown sugar – both will be delicious.
- Egg – one large egg is all you need for this cookie.
- Vanilla extract – vanilla is a key ingredient in all baking recipes. I use a good quality one like this!
- Whole wheat pastry flour – using whole wheat flour makes it feel healthy right, ha! This is my absolute favorite brand.
- Baking soda – a must-have leavening for baking recipes.
- Chocolate candy pieces – You can get creative with this ingredient! We used Reeses pieces, but M&Ms or chocolate chips are other great alternatives.
When Ben and I were making this recipe, we didn’t have chocolate chips, so we made up our version and used Reeses. The best part was that I had to pick them out of a snack mix we had in the pantry.
This recipe is so simple! You know I love cooking with kids, but if you’re new to it, this whole wheat peanut butter cookie pizza is a great place to start cooking with kids because the recipe is flexible, so if those little hands measure ingredients not-so-exactly, it’ll still turn out delicious!
How do I make this cookie pizza?
Preheat oven to 350
In a bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar, mix with a wooden spoon. Add in egg and vanilla extract and stir. Add in whole wheat pastry flour and baking soda and stir to combine, then add in Reese’s pieces and stir to combine.
Spray a cake pan or skillet with cooking spray. Spoon batter into the pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, until the center is just set and edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
Let cool, then slice and enjoy!
This recipe for a whole wheat peanut butter cookie cake is awesome because it’s made in one bowl, with a wooden spoon, and then you just put it in a cake pan or skillet and bake it! Viola!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza
- 6 Tbs butter at room temperature
- 2 Tbs peanut butter creamy (I use natural no-stir peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar light or dark is ok
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Reeses pieces or M&Ms or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar, mix with a wooden spoon. Add in egg and vanilla extract and stir. Add in whole wheat pastry flour and baking soda and stir to combine, then add in Reese's pieces and stir to combine.
- Spray a cake pan or oven safe skillet with cooking spray. Spoon batter into the pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, until the center is just set and edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Let cool, then slice and enjoy!