With only a few ingredients, you will have chocolatetly and coconutty cookies in minutes!
I’m excited to share my 5 Ingredient Friday recipe with you for 5 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Slice and Bake Cookies! They’re super easy to make and taste absolutely yummy…the coconut toasts right up around the outsides of the cookies so you’re left with a delicious toasted coconut and rich chocolate cookie! Aaaaaannnndddd, they’re a recipe I did for a guest post for Meg of The House Wife In Training Files
One of the keys to making these bad boys is letting the dough cool so that you can just slice and bake them…with my patience running low some days I have to force myself to leave the kitchen otherwise I will angrily stare at the freezer and say ‘freeze faster’ to which my husband replies from the other room ‘honey, it’s not going to freeze faster if you yell at it’ (since I’m in the kitchen and he can’t see me…insert some unseen eye rolls here lol).
After you do your obligatory waiting for the dough to cool, you simply slice and bake the cookies, let them cool a little, and viola, you’re all done!
What I love about these cookies is that they’re perfect for making ahead; you can even keep a batch made and freeze them for last minute guests, and trust me, your guests will love you forever for making them these fresh cookies!
- 1 Stick of Butter, unsalted
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (60% Cocoa)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl that will be big enough to hold all the ingredients, put the butter, then microwave it for 30 seconds to soften it (you want it melted a little and easy to work with, it may need an additional 30 seconds.)
- When the butter is done being microwaved add the sugar and stir. Then add the flour and stir so that it is a dough.
- Now in a small microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and microwave them in 30 second intervals until melted (mine took 1 minute and a half), make sure to stir between intervals so your chocolate doesn’t burn!
- Add the melted chocolate to the cookie dough and mix it in until it is all incorporated.
- Now lay a piece of plastic wrap on top of a board and lay the coconut flakes on top of the plastic wrap.
- Next you’re going to take the chocolate cookie dough and form it into two logs and then put the logs in the center of the coconut flakes and press them together so that they form one long log, then press coconut flakes to the dough a little and roll the log so that all sides are covered by coconut flakes (doesn’t have to be perfect, you just want coconut all around the cookie dough
- Roll the plastic wrap around the log and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350
- After the dough has cooled, remove the plastic wrap and slice cookies about ½ an inch thick and place them on the lined cookie sheets an inch apart (I got roughly 24 cookies). Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then gently transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!