In this weeks’ Catching Up With The Kelnhofers we took a whirlwind trip Up North (Wisconsin) to see grandparents and great-grandparents and are putting girl scout cookies to use in sundaes!
- Thursday we picked up Ben sick from school (stomach bug). We had told the kids we were going to go Up North (Eagle River/Minocqua area). The were all so excited and we had rented a cabin. Friday morning Ben asked if he could just lay on the couch, something I don’t think he’s ever done in the history of ever. The twins were also acting sick so we cancelled our trip, sadly.
- I ran errands that day, something I haven’t done in years (I always have some combination of kids with me so I’ll do like 1 errand at a time). It felt really great to check things off my list and just get them done. Post office, oil change, art for the kids walls and a big beautiful piece for my office – I didn’t know if it would all fit lol (the car is behind the art!)
- Then Saturday morning over breakfast the kids were all acting like their chipper selves and asked if we could go visit Grandma Rita Up North, and Nick and I looked at each other and said hey, why not, the cabin is rented. We told the kids they could each bring one ‘thing’ and they walked up to us 2 seconds later carrying something. Too cute.
- So we drove, and wow, I’m just so impressed with them. They were so good and the trip was so fun.
- It was a whirlwind though. I packed just enough, but not too much.
- It was freezing cold (literally -9) and a sheet of ice…and then snow!
- The cabin was cozy. The twins are still in their cribs at home but wanted to try sleeping in the beds. An hour after we put them to bed we hear a thunk – it was Frankie – she had fallen out of bed, and Freddie asked to be in a pack n play, good thing Nick packed them!!
- It was so special to see Sam with his great grandmother.
If you’re ever taking a road trip with kids – I shared tips and tricks in this post!!
What I made this week: girl scout cookie sundaes, and the best broccoli ever
- The quickest, easiest breakfast ever: scrambled eggs and toast. <- lots of great tips in that post!
- If you have any Girl Scout cookies (like Thin Mints or Shortbread) I’d highly recommend making this sundae!
- Randomly Nick will send me this picture of my head as broccoli from a few years ago. It’s so stupid, but it makes me laugh! And always has me craving crispy from frozen broccoli!
Leave a Reply