Hi Friends, this week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-19, we’re talking about an amazing house transformation (I think) with before and after pictures after painting our living room Agreeable Gray, we’re talking about delicious gingerbread recipes, an awesome candle with my unique name, Nicks work Christmas party (where Ben got a picture with Santa) and more!
Wow! We have been doing some work on our house (a little here and there, because with 3 kids it’s a *thing*) and I can’t believe what a difference a little paint can make. It took so long for me to snap a quick picture, the seasons changed from fall to winter lol). More on the before and after pictures below, but I am so happy with the changes. I think it opens the space up so much, what do you think?
In case you’re curious:
- Stockings and stocking holders from Pottery Barn Kids (from the Woodland collection)
- Gnome blanket from Hannah Anderson
- Cookie jar from Harry and David a few years ago, it came with the most delicious little cookies in it like this one or this one
New on the Blog:
- Slow cooker potatoes – check out the recipe for a tip on how to ensure the yummiest potatoes each time
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – the latest on what’s happening in our household this time of year
- Essential Mom attire – winter edition – one of my favorite roundups, featuring items I use each and every day in the winter
- Holiday desserts and Christmas cookie roundup – look no further when you are deciding what to bake this holiday season
- Holiday party appetizers – here to help your holiday party planning go smoothly
What to make this week:
I’ve got holidays on the mind and I’m making all gingerbread things! I’d love for you to give them a try and let me know which recipes you like!
- Rolled oats dark and stormy oatmeal cream pies
- Gingerbread candied bacon
- Gingerbread muffins with cream cheese frosting
- Cranberry gingerbread muffins
Tis the season to make more and more cookies! And what should be on everyone’s baking list this holiday season? Sugar cookies! And more specifically, sugar cookies that actually hold their shape I also have a recipe VIDEO with this recipe on the blog!
- “These turned out so delicious. I made them as part of our Christmas countdown and the kids loved making and eating them. I’m not a baker or good cook so i spent weeks researching recipes and I’m so glad i picked yours. Thanks.”
Things I’m loving this week:
- We painted the house and omg, it made such a difference! I can’t believe how much it opened everything up.
- Nick and I went on a date night to see an early preview of the new Jumanji movie. It was so much fun! We were also able to sneak away long enough to eat dinner beforehand (and they had my name blocked off – we felt special lol.
- We went to Nick’s work Christmas party and Ben got to sit on Santa’s lap. The twins slept though it all and missed it. They had balloon animals at the party and we waited in line for like 30 minutes for Ben to get his. Everyone else got these amazing, elaborate things and Ben got a little mouse. It was really funny. He also got to decorate a cookie, so he was happy!
Family picture of us as a family with Santa:
- omg, I was feeding Frankie the other day and I looked over to see Freddie laying so funny. Don’t worry, I went over right away and moved him!
- I took Ben to the West Allis Christmas parade. It was really cold, but it was a cute experience. They have everything from camels to Santa in the parade. And Ben is just so fun at parades; he waves and dances and bops up and down dancing to the marching bands. I went with one of Ben’s aunts so it was a fun night, despite how cold it was.
- Ben has been a very sweet nightmare (is that a fair way to say that he’s been a bit of a challenge going through some sleep regression and testing boundaries). The other night, bedtime took forever! But, he has been helping me a lot in the kitchen which I love. The other day, we made red wine brownie in a jar gifts for people. He is an awesome helper and loves to cook.
- We went to visit my friend Ren (who is also an amazing photographer) who has two big dogs and it was hilarious. Ben was so funny with the dogs. They are way bigger than him. Initially he would laugh a lot and then he got scared and told them to “go away” repeatedly, it was too funny.
- There is a candle with the name Philia. When I was growing up, I always wanted to have a name like Susie or Jenny. I would always look for my name on keychains or whatever at gas stations. They would never have my name. So it’s hilarious that, now, in my 30s, someone sent me this link. And look, a candle with my name on it!
Have you started your holiday baking? What have you made or what are you making? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
Until next week,