This recipe for Cuban pulled pork sandwich sliders is made with the most tender, delicious slow cooker Cuban pulled pork, which is then used to make slider sandwiches.
Whenever it’s someone’s birthday, I let them decide what kind of cake and what meal they want – and I make it for them. When I asked my husband what he wanted, he said he wanted sliders (like my roast beef sliders) but made Cuban style, because that’s his favorite sandwich (he chose maple syrup cake for his dessert in case you’re wondering.)
What ingredients do you need for these Cuban pulled pork sliders?
- King Hawaiian rolls – these rolls provide the perfect flavor to pair with Cuban sandwiches, slightly sweet and soft.
- Dijon mustard – for that extra zip
- Dill pickles – the perfect crunch and a must-have in Cuban sandwiches.
- Pulled pork – the recipe I use is below:
- 2 pork tenderloins, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 orange-juiced, 1 lime, juiced, 1 can chicken stock – low for 6 hrs. Shred.
- Thin sliced deli ham – make sure to get honey ham for this recipe.
- Swiss cheese – ooeey gooey and delicious, you could use mozzarella or an Italian blend if you want it extra cheesy too!
- Onions – sprinkle on top for that perfect touch of flavor and crunch. You could shred the onions if you don’t want little onion bits.
This post wasn’t originally going to happen. If you google ‘Cuban slider sandwiches’ a million results come up. Perhaps somewhere there was a recipe with the pulled pork, but I wasn’t finding it. I just kept coming to recipes that said to use pulled pork, but not how to make the actual pulled pork to make the sliders.
How do I make Cuban pulled pork sliders?
- First, you’ll need to make the pulled pork. For this, it’s super easy! I put the following ingredients into my slow cooker for 6 hours on low. This makes double meat than you will need. You can either reduce the recipe to 1 pork tenderloin or simple make it and then freeze the extra cooked pulled pork (that’s what we do-then we have pulled pork sandwiches with the leftovers).
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 orange-juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 can chicken stock
- Once you’ve made the pork, you’re basically just assembling sliders. First, line the bottom of a baking dish with your Hawaiian rolls (you’ll need 1 and 1/2 packages).
- Drizzle on Dijon mustard and place sliced pickles on.
- Spread about 2 cups of pulled pork on top of rolls. Top with ham, Swiss cheese and pickles.
- Place tops of Hawaiian rolls on top of pickles.
- In a separate dish, melt butter. Mix in, yellow onion, garlic clove and garlic powder. Pour over top of buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 10 minutes and uncovered for 15
These Cuban pulled pork sandwich sliders turned out so well! We shared them with friends and everybody raved about them. The most commented on aspect of the sandwich was the pulled pork!
So, at the insistence of everyone who has had these (and my sweet husband who definitely wanted me to make these again and document the recipe for coming back to!) I’m sharing my recipe for Cuban pulled pork sliders!
Cuban Pulled Pork Sandwich Sliders
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 can chicken stock
- 2 packages Kings Hawaiian rolls you'll only use 1 1/2
- 2 Tbs. dijon mustard
- 10 mini dill pickles each sliced into three
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 12 thin slices thinly sliced deli ham I like to use honey ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
To make pork
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred.
To make sliders
- Line bottom of baking dish with rolls. Cover rolls with mustard. Add pork, ham, pickles and Swiss cheese. Put buns on top.
To make topping
- Melt butter. Mix in onions, garlic clove and garlic powder. Stir and pour on top of slider buns.
- Bake at 350, covered, for 10 minutes, uncovered for 15