I know I talk about this Unfried Chicken Recipe all the time (even as evidenced in my last post which was about cookies! ) but it is seriously the BEST CHICKEN RECIPE EVER! So I thought I’d do a Favorite Recipe Repost. I make this chicken more than once a month, and it goes great with sides of vegetables, in a salad, or with mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2-3 lbs chicken breasts cut into strips
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs butter
- 1-2 cups Skim milk depending on how much chicken you have, you just need enough milk to cover the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450. Cut chicken into strips and put in bowl and cover chicken with skim milk, let sit 20-30 minutes. While chicken is marinating in milk, in the bowl of a food processor put all the dry ingredients and grind together.
- Melt butter in microwave and pour it on bottom of a baking dish.
- After 20 or so minutes, take the chicken strips out of the milk, and and coat them with the corn flakes mixture. After coated lightly, drudge the strip lightly along the bottom of the pan with the butter and then flip and lay in pan. Repeat with all pieces of chicken –coating, drudging with butter and laying in pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15-20 minutes and then viola, you are done!
[…] have yourself a delicious dinner. I make this recipe every few weeks, and it is very similar to the Unfried Cornflake Chicken I have made in the past, only less ingredients, and more fun photos to walk you through the […]
[…] have yourself a delicious dinner. I make this recipe every few weeks, and it is very similar to the Unfried Cornflake Chicken I have made in the past, only less ingredients, and more fun photos […]