Make this once and you will want to make it over and over again! It is a really easy recipe to make, and tastes delicious-you’ll feel like you’re keeping a secret by how simple it is to make.
- For the Crust: 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water
- For the filling: 1 cup homemade Whipped Cream I use about 2 tbs sugar
- 3 ripe Bananas 2 mashed for filling, 1 sliced for topping
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients for the pie crust. Then add the oil and water and mix. Spray a pie pan or a tart pan with a removable bottom (which is what i had) with cooking spray. Firmly press the pie crust down the bottom and up the sides about an inch and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, or put in freezer for 30 minutes to speed up the process.
- To make the filling, in a clean bowl using a hand mixer add the whipping cream and sugar and beat until it is almost done (when you see blade marks/patterns is what i have been taught). Then add the two bananas and beat again so that it is all smooth and add the vanilla extract.
- To assemble, remove pie crust from baking dish if that is an option, then fill pie crust with filling, and to finish slice remaining banana on top.