Are you ready for the easiest appetizer EVER!? Seriously, this is the best appetizer and has only only two ingredients and it’s so good that no one will question just how simple it was to make. I’m going to share with you the recipe for the best easy baked brie appetizer!
When you mix the spice from the jelly with the creamy brie cheese, you’ll find yourself eating the whole wheel. Nick actually came home and commented on how I didn’t leave too much for him to enjoy. Haha, ooops!
How do you make the easiest baked brie appetizer? Hint: it’s SO SIMPLE
- Unwrap brie and place in center of round pan
- Pour jelly over top
- Bake for 25-35 minutes
- Slice baguettes and enjoy!
This recipe can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. If you’d prefer a more sweet version, you could use a more traditional fig jam. And if you prefer crackers to baguettes, go for it!
I like making this baked brie with red pepper jelly. It has a little kick to it, and mixes so perfectly with the mild and creamy brie cheese.
When I make this baked brie, I leave the brie wheel as is. Sometimes a little bit of brie gets out when baking and mixes with the jelly – sooo good. But, I’ve also made this and cut off the top of the brie skin. Then when after it bakes with the jelly, the brie wheel acts as more of a vessel/bowl for the brie which ones scoops out with crackers or baguette slices. If you leave the skin on (the brie skin is totally edible btw) people can eat the whole inside or outside.
For this baked brie appetizer, I used a smaller 8oz. ‘queen’ sized brie wheel, but there was easily enough jelly for a 16oz. ‘king’ sized brie wheel. If you have a party with 6 or more adults, I’d suggest the ‘king’ size, because seriously, this appetizer is soooo good!
Next time you’re looking for the best appetizer recipe, look no further than this baked brie!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Ham and Brie Crostini Fancy Toasts Recipe
- Sausage Puff Pastry Appetizer Recipe
- Fresh Herb Butter and Cheese Flatbread Recipe
The Best Easy Baked Brie Appetizer
- 1 8 oz Brie wheel a 16 oz Brie wheel would work great too
- 1 cup red pepper jelly or you could use more, I've used the whole jar before and it turned out great
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a round pan with parchment paper (or if serving in the baking dish it doesn't need to be lined.)
- Place brie wheel in the baking dish
- Spoon jelly on top of brie (you could use 1 cup or up to an entire jar - this is a good red pepper jelly- there will just be a little extra jelly if you use the whole jar, which is still so delicious when eaten with baguette).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (check for doneness at 25 minutes, you want the brie to be melted and gooey). Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and serve with crackers or sliced up baguette.