Didn’t she JUST post Hot Chocolate Cupcakes a few weeks ago you may ask? Why yes, yes I did…BUT…I visited my talented Photographer friend Charlotte Claypoole in North Carolina last weekend and while I was there, I made these little beauties and she took pictures, so instead of burying the gorgeousness in the last post, I thought I’d just post them again!
Since making them the first time, I have started using a little sandwich bag and cutting off the corner to make a piping bag for frosting. How fun are these pictures Charlotte took? I apparently make funny faces when I cook (hey, I don’t want the cupcake batter to spill) but loved the end result! Also, my Facebook Cover photo from this shoot is definitely worth checking out (it would also mean the world if you’d ‘like’ my Facebook page or comment).
- -For the Cupcakes-
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 6 Tbs Hot Cocoa Powder the brand I used was Equal Exchange
- 4 Tbs butter melted (half a stick)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- -For the frosting-
- 3/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 Cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cupcake pan with 10 liners and set aside. In a bowl add all the ingredients for the cupcakes (for the hot water I just put a coffee mug 3/4 full of hot water in the microwave for about two minutes, then measured 1/2 cup of hot water and added it to the bowl. Mix all ingredients with a spoon until combined, then distribute among the cupcake liners and bake for 13-18 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool.
- In a bowl combine the heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). When the cupcakes are cooled frost them with the whipped cream frosting and enjoy!