This iced tea with lemon and ginger is seriously so easy and absolutely amazing! A perfect way to celebrate National Iced Tea Day!
We’ve found the perfect summertime drink and it is absolutely this iced tea. It’s cool, refreshing and easy to make. So grab your pitcher (another great option)and let’s get going!
What ingredients do you need to make lemon ginger iced tea?
- Tea bags
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Crystalized ginger, chopped
Tips for making the best iced tea:
- The ratio of tea to water is 1 tea bag of black tea per 2 cups of water.
- Use 1/2 water to brew tea, meaning if you’re making 8 cups iced tea, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, brew tea, and then add the remaining 4 cups of cold water.
- You don’t want to over steep your tea. If you do, it will be bitter. Steep no longer than 6-8 minutes; the ideal time is 5 minutes.
We love the ginger flavor in this iced tea. To get the best ginger flavor, add the crystalized ginger and lemon to the hot water.
The crystalized ginger adds a little bit of sweetness. But if you are looking for a sweeter tea, add a dash of honey or extra sugar.
This iced tea with lemon and ginger is our new go-to drink for a backyard party. What do you like drinking?
If you’re looking for more refreshing summertime drinks, try one of these:
- 4 tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup crystalized ginger chopped
- 1 lemon 1/2 lemon juice and the rest sliced for serving
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil. Steep/brew 4 tea bags in the water for 5 minutes. Add crystalized ginger and juice of 1/2 lemon. After 5 minutes are up remove the tea bags and add the remaining 4 cups cold water.
- Leave the crystalized ginger in for a more gingery taste. Put in the refrigerator to cool, serve over ice and enjoy.
- For best gingery taste let iced tea sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply